Rune Factory 3 Special trailer + RF6 teased.

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It says 'a new Rune Factory series'. In combination with what Hakama/Hashimoto posted about a week ago, about a "new RPG" that was "not a sequel", I'm pretty sure this means it's not Rune Factory 6 they're teasing...it's some kind of spin-off.
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

The dominant theory I've seen around the web is that the new game will be in a similar vein of RF:Frontier and FR:ToD. A less common one is that it'll be some kind of crossover instead, but with what is unknown.

As for the remaster of RF3, I am ambivalent towards it. I hope it can find its footing. I've heard that RF3 isn't as in-depth as RF4, so people looking for something closer to RF4 than RF5 was might be disappointed. RF3 also has 1 protagonist, and probably won't add any new candidates, so people seeking same-« Chicken Hugging » love interests will also probably be disappointed. Another, female playable character might be added, but, at this moment, this game looks to be a pretty faithful remake of the original.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

EDIT:

Hope it does well just so they have funding for something new, but not a game I'll get. Though I did like RF4 Special.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I'll probably buy it just for the sake of having it. I've never played RF3 but I've seen playthroughs on it. One thing I am wondering, is the fact that they are re-translating this game, correct? I'm curious if that will result in new voice acting, at least for the English version.

Personally, I'm more excited about the potential Rune Factory spin-off being developed. :P
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I was pretty pumped about the RF3S announcement, though I'm still kinda burned out from 5. I played less of 3 and ToD, so it'll be nice to go back to this one. I will be a bit bitter about not choosing gender/no same « Chicken Hugging » marriage, though.

Intrigued by the idea of another RF-adjacent game, Frontier was my favorite. Kinda hoping for a Frontier-style version of 5, as I worry that anything else might be a little slim in the same ways that 5 was. I wouldn't mind taking another pass through an alternate, better version of 5 that uses the same engine, characters, items, etc.
Shortybread
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm really excited! :heart: RF3 is one of the games in the franchise I never got a chance to try (along with RF2), so this will be my first time experiencing it! I'm really looking forward to meeting a new cast of characters when this comes out. (Shame I wont be able to play as a female protagonist, but I've gotten used to it, being a fan of farming simulators for this long heheh ...)

So intrigued by the "New Series", though I don't really have a good guess at what it could be. Something like Tides or Frontier would make sense, but the distinction of "series" is what I'm hung up on ... to me that implies that there will be more than one entry in whatever it's going to be, so it could be a timeline reset? Or a grander spin-off, venturing into a new genre? :shock: I don't know! I hope we get more information sometime soon (like, before next year LOL).

I still haven't finished 5, so I should get back to it before RF3S launches!
Fireswarmdragon
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm also very excited to see what else is planned, but I see this as a great opportunity to go full circle, Harvest Moon: A modern day Rune Factory. In all seriousness, I really owe it to myself to play more rune factory, I always enjoy it when I play, but I never get far.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I’m excited about the RF3S announcement! I’m playing RF4S for the first time right now as my first entry in the series and I’m liking it a lot. I don’t have the original RF3 and copies are getting prohibitively expensive these days so it seems like a good option to remake. Though it doesn’t seem likely this entry will have s/s marriage if RF4S is anything to go by (or even the ability to play as a girl?). Guess we’ll have to see, but either way I’m still interested in playing it.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I don't really mind not being able to play as a girl. Especially since the MC of RF3 has a more ambiguous look anyway. As a kid I thought he was a girl until I heard his voice acting :lol:
I personally liked RF3 more than RF4 storywise so I'll be picking this up.
Liliana93
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Sooo Excited, I hope they fixed some issues I had with the game, otherwise excited to marry Raven again. Also don't mind the protagonist being the same, I tend to think of him as androgynous anyway.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Can't wait for the remake. RF3 is the game that brought me back to farming sims after I thought I was getting too old for them, so I'm definitely grab it.

I have a thought for the new project: Let's say it isn't RF6 (since it isn't really confirmed anyway). What if the new project is a remake of RF1, 2, and Frontier in one package?
Solar Wind
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

RF3 was my favorite in the series, by far. But I probably won't be buying Special since I can still play the DS version whenever I want. I don't think I'll get it unless some of those changes are huge, like being able to marry Carlos or taking on different monster forms. But those don't look like they're happening, so.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Solar Wind wrote: Sep 28, 2022 10:40 am RF3 was my favorite in the series, by far. But I probably won't be buying Special since I can still play the DS version whenever I want. I don't think I'll get it unless some of those changes are huge, like being able to marry Carlos or taking on different monster forms. But those don't look like they're happening, so.
It does seem weird that the Rune Factory team is doing the minimum for remaking older entries while the Bokujou Monogatari team is reworking older titles from the ground up.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I find the title of this thread misleading “RF6 confirmed”. It hasn’t been confirmed, it’s just that a new Rune Factory series is in development. It could be a spin off game which could be anything, a cross over, a reboot or the game could just become RF6 during the development period much like how Final Fantasy XV came to be.

I am cautiously optimistic of what they are trying to do. Maybe they thought the current direction of the series with RF5 isn’t where they want the series to go in the future.

Maybe it will be a spin off or a reboot where you are on the side of the Sechs empire. Maybe in one of the games you will have to fight against the protagonists of the Norad games as well as some of the townspeople and marriage candidates? In reality a spin off might just be something like a trade game starring Arthur or a restaurant management game where you play as Porcoline… actually that might not be that bad!

If it’s a cross over (the most unlikely of these) I would like to see RF cross over with similar fantasy style games to keep the atmosphere of the series, Dragon Quest, Tales of, Altier or Fire Emblem would be good picks.