Coral Island

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

We are two days from the release and I must say I'm really interested in that game. Marriage and children will be available on the full version of the game, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyone is planning to buy it right away? Depending on the price, I might buy it..
Ayumi_Ishimaru
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey Mabbie! I am definitely planning on getting it on Tuesday (only because hubby has a nice gaming pc lol). I’ve also been looking forward to it and trying to not spoil too much with all the early bird streams going around. It looks promising and I’m excited for everything on the roadmap. The only thing I feel unsure of is playing it on a pc because I’m a console gamer - not sure how much of a turn off it’ll be for me personally, but I’ll give it a whirl.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I definitely won't be buying it in early access, as I don't enjoy playing unfinished or buggy games...it's too frustrating, which I find it spoils the first playthrough and then subsequent ones are less fresh because you've already played once. Just...no early access for me. I have been very tempted to go for Sun Haven in early access but keep reminding myself of all the reasons why I don't enjoy it.

Coral Island looks good quality and like it's following the type of formula we love, but...I think the bachelors are really unappealing. Every single one of them has facial hair or scruff, which is a big turn-off for me, plus they almost all have brown/black hair and brown eyes so the variety is lacklustre, and I dislike their style, as they have Disney-type faces, and while Disney princesses/heroines are pretty, I find Disney princes/heroes to look oafish. If they have really fantastic events, that can be risen above, but if they don't, I can't put up with how unattractive I find them.

It's one I want to hear more about. I think it's going to be good quality and popular, but I need to know more before I know if it's for me.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Early access is always a hard pass for me. Everybody has their own opinions on the subject, and while I can appreciate that it's a way to support the devs, I don't like playing unfinished games. :/ There are exceptions, but a lot of early access games don't even end up feeling finished by the time they've hit 1.0 (My Time at Portia is a prime example... I forgave its failings for being so creative, but it had a LOT of failings).

There is something interesting about getting to provide input and shape the final stages in a game's production, but you have to decide if that's for you. Also be aware that early access games may not run as well as fully finished games.

Coral Island doesn't have much mechanically different/interesting for me, imo, but it has to be one of the most polished looking indie farming sims out there. Hope everybody jumping in early has fun!
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I backed the game and was able to play early. I enjoyed the game alot. Definitely much more polished than what I experienced with Baldur's Gate 3 early access. :lol:

Here are my thoughts so far
- The graphics are gorgeous that's for sure. I really love how detailed the exterior and interior was. The crops are really cute. :heart:
- The models are lovely especially the NPCs with long hair. They move as the NPCs walk on or doing their yoga.
- I found fishing more easier to pick up compare to SDV.
- You can adjust the in-game time so you could play at your own pace.
- I love the diversity of the cast and love the artsyle so far!
- The map are helpful and detailed. You can see where everybody is. xD

I haven't gone diving and mining yet but watching the streams on them they look good so far! In case, you're unsure, it will be available on PC Gamepass on the 11th of October for you to try it out!
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

i was looking at the footage available online and look what i spotted :lol:

it’s such a nice gesture. i’ll definitely look out for this game when it’s released with all the content. but from what ive seen so far, it looks really good and everyone has been praising it. it doesn’t really bring anything new to table but it’s nice seeing a polished looking 3d farming game after quite a while. they’ve also introduced some new characters that could definitely be in the marriage candidate line up over the many there currently are as they are so much more interesting.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mabbie wrote: Oct 09, 2022 3:30 pm We are two days from the release and I must say I'm really interested in that game. Marriage and children will be available on the full version of the game, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyone is planning to buy it right away? Depending on the price, I might buy it..
I forgot to mention that early access price will be $24.99 and will not increase during Early Access but there is a possible increase once it reach full release. If you find it too steep and/or not sure about it, it will be available on PC Gamepass on the 11th of October. :)

Edit: Additional news: There's additional 5 romance options announced. You can see the announcement over at their Twitter. I'm a bit worried about that many ROs though.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Here's the tweet cinnamon_yuki mentioned:
I see they've added oooooone lil fella without a single hair on his chin or jaw, which is better than none. :) I still really dislike the broad-faced Disney Dude style, but looks-wise, Wakuu and Theo are okay with me. No way of knowing yet which characters have the most appealing personalities, though. For some reason, Wakuu looks like an introvert, which is a big checkmark for me. Probably because he's not smiling? Possibly Wakuu isn't a guy, though, since the artist so far seems to firmly feel all men must have visible facial hair. (IRL, the men I know with visible facial hair is probably around 10%...the other 90% are clean-shaven.) That Wakuu is the ONLY one who doesn't makes me wonder if they're to be a non-binary choice.

EDIT: Looked into the comments and it appears Wakuu is male, and does, in fact, smile.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Oct 10, 2022 4:04 am Here's the tweet cinnamon_yuki mentioned:
I see they've added oooooone lil fella without a single hair on his chin or jaw, which is better than none. :) I still really dislike the broad-faced Disney Dude style, but looks-wise, Wakuu and Theo are okay with me. No way of knowing yet which characters have the most appealing personalities, though. For some reason, Wakuu looks like an introvert, which is a big checkmark for me. Probably because he's not smiling? Possibly Wakuu isn't a guy, though, since the artist so far seems to firmly feel all men must have visible facial hair. (IRL, the men I know with visible facial hair is probably around 10%...the other 90% are clean-shaven.) That Wakuu is the ONLY one who doesn't makes me wonder if they're to be a non-binary choice.

EDIT: Looked into the comments and it appears Wakuu is male, and does, in fact, smile.
Wowwwwwww I just decided who I'm going to marry and it's going to be the chubby one! LOL
All of them was kinda meh, and all looking alike... I'm going for Mark, I've always been fond of oldschool lumberjacks, the chubby ones, please, not the hipsters ^^'

October 12nd is a holiday around here, so I really might give it a try.... I have to channel my anxiety onto something while AWL doesn't come hahah

With bugs and everything that comes with it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So far I haven't heard much complaint about it being buggy (I'm sure there are SOME, because there've just gotta be, in early access.) But marriage isn't in the early access period, afaik. Not sure about dating.

It also looks like there are still at least 3 ?? spots for candidate characters. I figure those are 'secret' candidates though, like in Bokumono, that get unlocked by story progression/special conditions. Possibly some mer-folk?
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Oct 10, 2022 4:56 am So far I haven't heard much complaint about it being buggy (I'm sure there are SOME, because there've just gotta be, in early access.) But marriage isn't in the early access period, afaik. Not sure about dating.

It also looks like there are still at least 3 ?? spots for candidate characters. I figure those are 'secret' candidates though, like in Bokumono, that get unlocked by story progression/special conditions. Possibly some mer-folk?
I have the feeling that it will be the merfolk ones (one male and female) so that leaves one spot. I'm betting on Derek (one who worked on construction) but I remember you don't like facial hair Kikki. :lol: and I remember the male merfolk has no facial hair! You might like him.

Also here's the road map. Marriage and children will be available before the 1.0 PC version updates also called the full release.

https://www.stairwaygames.com/post/earl ... aq-roadmap
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sure don't. :)

Yeah, looks like marriage will be added as the very last step before full release, and the merfolk candidates I'm assuming are in there are added along with the full release. That's another HUGE deal with me and early access. They try to let you preserve your save files when they can, but with any major update, if there were any changes to the game's fundamentals, you run the risk of having to start your game over from scratch. That would utterly kill the fun for me and knowing it's a possibility would just make me anxious.

Hopefully those of you who can enjoy the game as it's being built will find Coral Island to be a good game. I'll probably grab the game after full release in a year or so, since it does seem like it's going to be a good quality creation, even if the candidates aren't my style. Once you add the personalities in, there'll probably be someone I like. Right now the only thing I can go by is looks, though.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Understandable. XD I'll probably play what I can and then rest up until a couple of updates in. I'm just burnout from Dragon Age 2 so I'm rejuvenate myself with this for a while.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

So, apparently I cannot read anymore. For some reason I thought Coral Island was coming out this month. Didn't know it was early access. Sadly, this means I likely won't get the game. I don't have anything against early access, but seeing the roadmap they have means a lot of stuff isn't in the game (unless I'm reading it wrong and a lot of the things listed are already in the game). This does suck a bit because I was excited to try this out, but I'll now have to wait a while. Maybe when more things are added I'll try it out then. As for now, I hope those who play it now have fun.

As for the art, I like it. I do see how the love interests do look a bit similar though and I admit, I too wish the guys had more variety. I too am not a huge fan of facial hair (usually). Still, they are cute and I can see myself wooing multiple guys to see who I like the best.

Still, I'm sad that I can't play the full game for some time. Don't know why I read it wrong lol. However, I'm still excited. Luckily, I have a good backlog of farming games, so I can wait for this.
Ayumi_Ishimaru
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’m a little surprised they chose to have almost all of the guys with facial hair. I’m assuming the remaining 3 candidates are merfolk as well, but that would still mean the majority of them have facial hair. Once again, I like the female candidates over the males as I usually do in farming sims (not a bad thing but I wish I liked the guys more than I do).

While I’m very excited to try the game, I am a little nervous that the number of dateable characters will feel overwhelming. I think it’s great that the devs created so many characters in general, but I am anxious to see what they’ll all actually be like in the game and how memorable they end up being.