Pokemon Scarlet&Violet Release Thread

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think we're close enough to release now for me to have an excuse to create a release thread. I know a decent chunk of us here on Ushi plan on getting one or the other (or are unsure if they're going to buy or not), so why don't we have a dedicated thread instead of crowding the backlog thread? Just a quick disclaimer: The game is leaking. Yesterday not long after the newest trailer dropped a colossal crapton of new Pokemon and story info was leaked online. IF you are going to post about them, keep them in spoiler tags.

For now, let's start the discussion with which starter you're picking; Sprigatito, Fuecoco, or Quaxly.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm more likely to not get the game than to get it, but if I did, it'd definitely be Sprigatito. :) Somehow, grass types are always the cutest. Not sure why. Grass itself is not all that cute. (Maybe they're 'plant' types? I'm definitely a plant person!)

Have fun guys. The leaks are definitely coming in heavy. I've seen a huge pile of them just this morning.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sprigatito for me as well. I was always going to go with the cat regardless of what it would turn into. I just like cats lol.

Of the leaks I've seen (just new Pokemon) I'm mostly neutral on. I'm still very excited regardless. I will say though that I'm glad I'm playing Violet first because (spoilers just in case)
Spoiler:
the exclusives look better imo.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I wasn't feeling too excited about it for a while, but after seeing more stuff I am actually getting excited about the release. I re-preordered the Violet physical edition. I really wanted to wait to see if they would do the DLC bundle again, but I think the itch to play it has me too badly now.

I am picking the grass cat too, and definitely planning on having the adorable donut dog in my team too. Not sure for the rest of the team.

I really hope they end up including more, if not the rest of the Pokemon not currently accessible for any of the Switch games. It's sad for them to be stuck in Home forever.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm doing my best not to look up any spoilers. I've come to learn with video games that it's best not to spoil things since the story can help you want to finish the game. A while back I did look up some gameplay elements, but I barely remember them or the spoilers were very minor.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting the dual pack again. I preordered it about a month or two ago. I don't really have an idea of which one I'll start with or which starter I'll go with. With the version, it probably doesn't matter much except for maybe the themes, and I'm fine with either. As for Pokemon, it's hard to pick. I like them all honestly. I think I'll choose the grass type because it's a cat. Still, the duck is cute and the dragon is cool. It's really hard to choose lol.

The games are coming out soon, and honestly, my excitement has grown a bit more. I'm still wary of whether this will be a good game, but I'm hoping it will be. I'm also hoping gameplay mechanics will have some similarities with Pokemon Arceus. Been playing it recently and it's a pretty fun game. The game has really helped with upping my excitement for Scarlet and Violet. I'm still a bit wary of these games though. One can only wait and see. Still, I want these games to be good and to try them out.
Lady Retro
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm choosing Violet over Scarlet because of the purple coloring, the grapes on the university sign, and the selected pokemon. Violet has already been bought from the e-shop, and downloaded to my switch lite.

As for the starters, the choice will either be sprigatito or quaxley, depending on how their evolution forms look like. The official pictures.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I won't be playing until after the semester is over (I'm not in school anymore but my brother is and I would rather wait to play with him), but I'll most likely be getting Violet since I like blue/purple better than red. Fuecoco is my first pick for starters, but that could change once I see the evolutions. I'm also planning on having a Lechonk on my team, and possibly a Ceruledge as well.

As for the gameplay I hope it's less like Arceus and more like the main series Pokémon games. Though I'm glad they've confirmed there will be lots of multiplayer features at least, since I was really disappointed you couldn't even battle your friends in Arceus. I'm really excited for the sandwich minigame though!
Lady Retro
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I hear that Scarlet and Violet shows a sandwich culture by including a sandwich making mini game. I did like Sword and Shield's cultures of rock music, curry, European Football/soccor, and british spies like James Bond.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Games can now be preloaded! We're so close now.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Really excited for this one! I'm also on Team Sprigatito, I always go grass for starters. I'm thrilled for the co-op aspect and am really looking forward to playing through with my partner, who is not looking forward to it. ^_^; He kinda swore off Pokemon after Sun/Moon. Our playstyles are quite different, but I think the co-op system will allow enough leeway.

Not leak info, I only watched the trailers:
Spoiler:
I'm intrigued by the "three different paths" through the game, though somewhat dubious about them... feeling like a plot path, I guess? I'm most intrigued by the weird bancho/Fury Road area, but it mostly seems like a trainer enclave from the videos. A fun one, though.

For the purposes of my partner and I, the biggest difference in our play styles is that I like to catch all the pokemon in an area and level them in my team for awhile, both for dex completion and to set my team strategy. My partner likes to plan his team and moves in advance, and grind and play efficiently after that. I think that strategy is pushing him out tho (he thinks playing is boring... of course it is after that). I'm trying to talk him into a more organic team, but he feels like it's wasting his time. But I don't think it'll be as time-consuming to hunt for new pokemon since you can see them now, and we both like level grinding, so I think co-op will work. Hopefully. I also tried to get him excited about the system where your buddy pokemon defeats the wild ones without entering battle, which is GREAT.
Roinda

Post  Posted:

I’ve got both on preorder and am also Team Sprigatito as the other two still don’t really appeal. Haven’t looked up any of the other new Pokémon. While spoilers don’t really bother me, I do like to find things out when I play a game rather than before hand.

Are the ‘three different paths’ actually different, as in separate, or will they cross over?

Friday can’t come quick enough for me, although I actually hope it doesn’t as I’ve got this week off.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I’m going to preorder both. I was waiting to see what preorder bonuses would’ve came out but it appears that nowhere has anything really good :?
As for starters; technically I’ll get all three by trading myself but I’m guessing my primary will either be grass kitty or fire crocodile lol. I usually like the fire starter the best (minus last season) but I love cats so it’ll be hard to choose. The final evolution will play a factor.

I rarely leave the confines of Fogu so I’ve managed to stay mostly spoiler free. Ironically I don’t care if i get spoiled tho lol.

I’ll definitely play Violet the most cuz I like the overall color scheme (like the uniform) and legendary the best (even though Scarlet is my favorite color ever)
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm picking Fuecoco (so far), and I'm going with Pokemon Violet.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Roinda wrote: Nov 14, 2022 8:45 am Are the ‘three different paths’ actually different, as in separate, or will they cross over?
Cutting real quick, in case folks are avoiding spoilers:
Spoiler:
In the trailer, they made it sound like "three different ways to play" or "three different stories," but they seemed like they would involve a lot of crossover. There were the gyms, and the large rival trainer plot that involved infiltrating their base, but that was the part I was confused by - is that a plot-length story in this game? The base in the trailer didn't seem super-involved (and seemed to incorporate the battle skipping). I can't remember what the third one was now... maybe an Arceus-like exploration element? Like filling the Pokedex? I'm curious, because those are usually all in the plots of the games. XD
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Woo! My copy shows it's being shipped, so hopefully it will get here by release day! So excited! I have been spoiled a little bit, while trying to avoid story spoilers, I do like seeing the new Pokemon and mechanics. I hope it's at least as fun as Arceus was, though my husband isn't a big fan of the open world concept. It seems like multiplayer may be more important this time
Spoiler:
like the rumor about it being needed for some new evolutions
but unfortunately we only have one Switch. Guess I will have to play online with people for that, not unlike Animal Crossing. I suppose there are enough of us here I would be happy to invite some of you all to join up with me after I get a handle on it myself, lol.