Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos (Prerelease Chat)

An open-world Harvest Moon game featuring a large volcano, a pint-sized goddess, and the great Doc Jr. [ Game Guide ] JP release = /shrug. NA release = Sept 2023. EU release = Oct 2023.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote: Mar 15, 2023 8:25 am My concern is that it'll just be another set of teaser images. Why announce a game months ago without any content...?
To mess with our heads?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I still think it was because Story of Seasons had news around that time, and the two somehow always seem to match up on when they announce new games. I wasn't sure before why that was, but now it seems to me like Natsume must go to some pains to make sure they have a new game to show off if Marv does. Otherwise it's a weird coincidence, to me, that's happened every time, and that they announced Anthos way before it was actually ready to be announced.

Not that I've thought of any reason why they'd want that, though.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Now that I think of it, I don’t think it’s just a coincidence. One world and olive town was days apart of releasing. I think they’re trying to compete. It kinda make sense.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Oh wow! First screenshots were just revealed and this honestly was a pleasant surprise. The graphics look very good to me. Easily their best.

https://twitter.com/natsume_inc/status/ ... Qf73REY0TQ

Edit: Some more details have been shared as well: https://nintendoeverything.com/the-wind ... irst-look/
Last edited by JustABeautifulGuy on Mar 15, 2023 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I just came to post those! It definitely looks way better than I was expecting it to, I honestly thought they were going to reuse the same engine as OW. Hopefully by the end of the week they'll show some gameplay.

Though I do think making it look like BoTW as much as they did is pretty funny.
Awesome Cat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

midnighttherabbit wrote: Mar 15, 2023 9:19 am I just came to post those! It definitely looks way better than I was expecting it to, I honestly thought they were going to reuse the same engine as OW. Hopefully by the end of the week they'll show some gameplay.

Though I do think making it look like BoTW as much as they did is pretty funny.
I'm stilled worried, but it look better than the last two games for the switch to me. Like I said the two 3Ds games was fun to me, not prefect but fun. Hopefully, this would be fun more than anything which it already look fun to me.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, Natsume's HM games have always been ugly ducklings, but as compared to Olive Town, more fun. That was my opinion after completing both of them, anyway! I simply enjoyed OW more than OT. Anthos looks really, really good, for a Natsume game; I'm honestly rather surprised. It's not like it's competing with AAA games now, visually, but it's an extraordinary leap from the graphics of One World.

I'd like to see some candidate characters. The landscape is pretty...and we've seen doc and the protagonist (at least the male one, can't remember if I also caught a peek of the female) so I'd like to see how the bachelor/ettes are looking, now.
Awesome Cat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Oh seeing the screenshots on the Nintendo Everything site. I'm a little more hype for this game.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wonder if 'Judy' is a bachelorette. The portrait images are...peculiar. Doll-like, in a plastic-y way. I like the game models better, so far.

Judy and the feMC.
Awesome Cat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Mar 15, 2023 9:35 am Well, Natsume's HM games have always been ugly ducklings, but as compared to Olive Town, more fun. That was my opinion after completing both of them, anyway! I simply enjoyed OW more than OT. Anthos looks really, really good, for a Natsume game; I'm honestly rather surprised. It's not like it's competing with AAA games now, visually, but it's an extraordinary leap from the graphics of One World.

I'd like to see some candidate characters. The landscape is pretty...and we've seen doc and the protagonist (at least the male one, can't remember if I also caught a peek of the female) so I'd like to see how the bachelor/ettes are looking, now.
I might be wrong, but if you look on Nintendo Everything site, you get a better picture of the Female MC and I think she the person sitting on the horse. I can't said anything about the OW hasn't play it much and Light of Hope... If they put a better artstyle... I see myself having little bit morefun, PoOT seem barebones compare other Story of Seasons to me.

I barely compare Story of Season to Natsume's Harvest Moon games since it seem unfair to me and I hate the whole this series vs this series. Also, I don't want either of them to fail since we getting more anime like farm sims.

But what they show me, I have hope this Harvest Moon would be better then Light of Hope, OW, both of the Natsume Harvest Moon games on the 3ds
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Mar 15, 2023 9:42 am I wonder if 'Judy' is a bachelorette. The portrait images are...peculiar. Doll-like, in a plastic-y way. I like the game models better, so far.

Judy and the feMC.
I can't tell if those portraits are 2D or 3D, it's kind of uncanny. I'm glad they have portraits, though, I guess they learned from the criticism Marvelous received with PoOT - and they're nowhere near as bad to look at as LoH.

Also I think she probably is a bachelorette because of the flower next to her name! Might be a confirmation of same gender marriage as well (finally...)
Awesome Cat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So more customizable for MCs?
Awesome Cat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Sorry I got confused with the picture. Lol, it seem like the MC doesn't have a lot of costumizable hairstyle and stuff... My bad
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It looks like a giant step up from One World!

The language they use in the list of features, and the flower next to the girls name in that screenshot, might imply same « Chicken Hugging » marriage is an option. But still, it’s just a possibility, not a certain thing.
Woo five different bachelors and five different bachelorettes! Marry whoever your heart desires!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Aw, I'm happy, it looks so good! :) Still a simple design, but very clean and cute (looks like some smart asset reuse, too). Very proud of the Natsume devs for their progress. Can't wait to hear about game mechanics, and see the game in motion. One World had a lot more charm in video clips, I'm curious to see how the animations look this time around.