Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos (Prerelease Chat)

An open-world Harvest Moon game featuring a large volcano, a pint-sized goddess, and the great Doc Jr. [ Game Guide ] JP release = /shrug. NA release = Sept 2023. EU release = Oct 2023.
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Meowie wrote: Apr 19, 2023 6:50 am Today is the Nintendo Indie World showcase.. I wonder if this game will be showcased there? I doubt so because this title isn't Switch exclusive.
Nah, Harvest Moon was always part of the normal Direct and not the Indie Directs.
They didn't show anything as far as I've seen it.
MinnesotaMermaid
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm wanting to ask about what would be the differences between OW and WoA. Are they two different land countries, or the same land country that's in two different time eras?

I had thought that the destroying WoA volcano is the same volcano around Tristan's and Laura's hometown that I don't know how to spell out.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So far, they seem to be completely different lands only. I’d love to think both of them have the same world, just set in different locations so the terrain being similar would make sense.

Off topic but Natsume started doing Twitch streams out of nowhere so I wonder if we will get a gameplay preview through that.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So I decided to tune in for their stream on Twitch, and the wonderful streamer did spill some beans about Anthos. Here’s what she said:

- A viewer asked about the release date and they said “it’s coming in the announcement next week”
- They put “a lot into the game” and can’t wait for players to experience it
- New variety of pets
- Possibility of first look of the game in action being at her stream
- And before ending the stream, she hinted the next info reveal (most likely the one in June) would focus more on “collecting” aspect while mentioning it could possibly be “for makers or something else”
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Ooh, next week! That’s awesome.

Intrigued by the pet comment too. There were so many in OW.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ooh :0 I’ll be looking forward to next week, then.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

The game looks like it's up on US Amazon right now.

Amazon release dates aren't usually accurate, but September 12th seems pretty likely. The box art is nice as well, a definite improvement over the last couple of games. Aside from that, I can't see any new info.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The box art looks really good. So far, everything teased seems like their best attempt yet. Even though I personally wanted to pick this up this summer, I do think that September 12th will be the release date as well considering how they've been saying it's coming out later this year and it makes sense now why they only started teasing this title recently. However, I must say that it makes me hopeful for the gameplay seeing that they're not rushing this time to compete with SoS, and 3 months is a decent amount of time so they can still add more content.

Other than that, this seems like a perfect time for a gameplay trailer. I hope it looks as great in action as well.
Meowie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

That artwork looks really good. Now I wouldn't mind 2D portraits in a Natsume game if the art looks like that! I don't know what happened at the Natsume HQ but its nice to see them finally putting efforts. This is what we deserved with One World. Now hopefully, it's uphill from here and they keep improving. Them changing from a custom engine to Unity was definitely the right move. Even though it's not optimized the best for Switch but in the long run it will really help them make better HD games because of how easy it is to create HD environments. I wish Natsume overhauled the game's style like how they overhauled the skybox adding Ghibli inspired stylized clouds. Now I wish they could use readily available stylized trees and learned better texturing too.

But so far with all the resources they have, I am impressed. The difference is so obvious.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Woahkay, that’s freaking adorable. I love it! The female MC is sooooo cute :3 and all the animals are cute, too. I’ve never listened to any of the Harvest Moon OSTs (meaning The Lost Valley-present), so I must ask: Is the music good?
Crystal Power
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Meowie wrote: May 20, 2023 4:30 pm But so far with all the resources they have, I am impressed. The difference is so obvious.
They are so winning me over! From the moment we had our first real look at this game I was surprised to see.. I liked it!? The more they show the more I see they are putting in more effort!
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: May 20, 2023 5:27 pm I’ve never listened to any of the Harvest Moon OSTs (meaning The Lost Valley-present), so I must ask: Is the music good?
Haven't really noticed the music but I would say it's actually good since it's never bothered me! They play a little safe compared to SoS though but there's a lot of variety so that's nice.
Crystal Power wrote: May 21, 2023 8:34 am
Meowie wrote: May 20, 2023 4:30 pm But so far with all the resources they have, I am impressed. The difference is so obvious.
They are so winning me over! From the moment we had our first real look at this game I was surprised to see.. I liked it!? The more they show the more I see they are putting in more effort!
Same case here, One World felt like a 3DS game refurbished for the Switch console but this one feels like a proper console entry! Anticipating for the trailer, hopefully the animations have been improved.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

JustABeautifulGuy wrote: May 21, 2023 9:48 am
FarmingForDaysMan wrote: May 20, 2023 5:27 pm I’ve never listened to any of the Harvest Moon OSTs (meaning The Lost Valley-present), so I must ask: Is the music good?
Haven't really noticed the music but I would say it's actually good since it's never bothered me! They play a little safe compared to SoS though but there's a lot of variety so that's nice.
Well, that’s good. I’ll have to try listening to a few songs sometime. I love music, so I tend to judge games by their music 😂
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I might try this game tbh...
Firehawke
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Looks like Amazon has started posting listings for HM:WoA! (nothing in the way of info about collectors editions or plushies) Date listed is September 12th...
I haven't seen anything in the way of official announcements...so take it with a grain of salt!

Not preordering until I can see if I can get a plushie...my collection must continue to grow!