Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos (Prerelease Chat)

An open-world Harvest Moon game featuring a large volcano, a pint-sized goddess, and the great Doc Jr. [ Game Guide ] JP release = /shrug. NA release = Sept 2023. EU release = Oct 2023.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

As the saying goes, “no news means good news.” (At least in most cases…) Like, I have enjoyed the HM games made by Natsume in the past and I’m cautiously optimistic for this one, but I have to agree that it’s probably not ready to show yet. The longer it takes, the better if that makes sense.
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure, but didn't they tend to go to some sort of convention, where they had a booth showcasing a demo?
Can't rember where it was the last years, I just remember the video footage and CeeCee.
Which event was that in the last years?

The PAX in Boston is from march 23. to 26. Maybe that's it?
Awesome Cat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hope it isn't like the last two games, I mean... To me the two for the 3DS was awesome and I feel like people was blinded by hatred for the company because of the name issue. So I feel like they trying pleased fan but fail with the two switch games.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Seems like they haven’t completely forgotten about the game. They made a tweet about making predictions. I understand it not being cooked enough to be shown but it’s concerning if they’re rushing once again considering the release isn’t that far and they don’t even have something to show. Hopefully it’s a marketing technique to create the hype near the release instead. Wouldn’t really mind a delay, I doubt competing with Story of Seasons actually helps them that much in the buzz/sales department anyways.
fizzly
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm 100% sure the game will be total « Puppy Doodoo » this time, again... Same ad model, the game is due out this summer, and so far they've only shown the logo and... the sky? I mean, come on. Maybe I'll come across as a skeptic, but since Natsume releases this things called Harvest Moon (for « Harvest Goddess »'s sake), each subsequent part brings another disappointment.
I bet they will revive the characters from One World, rework the world a bit and voila, it's our "fantastic" game! I remember how excited I was when they announced Light of Hope. They said they're going back to their roots. I was hoping for something like the HM from SNES climate, what was my surprise when they released this ugly game with graphics straight from old flash games.
Anyway, we'll see.
Chelle-fish
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

fizzly wrote: Feb 26, 2023 11:21 pm I'm 100% sure the game will be total « Puppy Doodoo » this time, again... Same ad model, the game is due out this summer, and so far they've only shown the logo and... the sky? I mean, come on. Maybe I'll come across as a skeptic, but since Natsume releases this things called Harvest Moon (for « Harvest Goddess »'s sake), each subsequent part brings another disappointment.
I bet they will revive the characters from One World, rework the world a bit and voila, it's our "fantastic" game! I remember how excited I was when they announced Light of Hope. They said they're going back to their roots. I was hoping for something like the HM from SNES climate, what was my surprise when they released this ugly game with graphics straight from old flash games.
Anyway, we'll see.
I’ve actually found Story of Seasons let’s me down game after game. With Harvest Moon, it seems to be improving each time.
It might be I’m more lenient with HM over SOS because I don’t expect the best. They certainly don’t do well on the social aspect of the game but the gameplay is really fun. I do hope they improve the social aspect in this next one.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

We’ve got an update about something that was kind of obvious to begin with. It’s kinda funny how this screenshot of the sky is still the only thing we’ve seen about this game after months of teasing.

https://twitter.com/natsume_inc/status/ ... Qf73REY0TQ
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

JustABeautifulGuy wrote: Mar 07, 2023 10:39 am We’ve got an update about something that was kind of obvious to begin with. It’s kinda funny how this screenshot of the sky is still the only thing we’ve seen about this game after months of teasing.

Is this the third time they've used the same screenshot? I'm kind of obsessed with that energy...
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

The phrase “the sky’s the limit” doesn’t seem applicable in this situation…
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Mar 07, 2023 11:20 am The phrase “the sky’s the limit” doesn’t seem applicable in this situation…
On the contrary, the sky DOES seem to be the limit of Winds of Anthos. It's all there is.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Mar 07, 2023 11:30 am
FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Mar 07, 2023 11:20 am The phrase “the sky’s the limit” doesn’t seem applicable in this situation…
On the contrary, the sky DOES seem to be the limit of Winds of Anthos. It's all there is.
You’ve got me there 😂
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

midnighttherabbit wrote: Mar 07, 2023 10:55 am
JustABeautifulGuy wrote: Mar 07, 2023 10:39 am We’ve got an update about something that was kind of obvious to begin with. It’s kinda funny how this screenshot of the sky is still the only thing we’ve seen about this game after months of teasing.
Is this the third time they've used the same screenshot? I'm kind of obsessed with that energy...
If I'm right, it's the first time they confirm it's an actual screenshot from the game.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Floh wrote: Mar 07, 2023 3:01 pm
midnighttherabbit wrote: Mar 07, 2023 10:55 am
If I'm right, it's the first time they confirm it's an actual screenshot from the game.
That's true, but it also feels suspicious that all we've seen of this game is a screenshot of a sky and a logo. They're still technically being kind of vague as well, since, from the replies to the Tweet, it's leading people to believe it's from gameplay when to me it looks more like something from a cutscene or the background to a title screen...
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Took them some time but looks like we're finally getting a peak at some things, hopefully, some in-game shots. I'm kinda scared for them if it's just OW part 2 (which is completely fine for me but I know many others wouldn't like that lol)

https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/ ... 3587832834
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

My concern is that it'll just be another set of teaser images. Why announce a game months ago without any content...?