Backlog 2023

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm glad there are ways around difficult fights in TotK. It's just so depressing to suck so very much, getting everything wrong all the time, being too slow, etc. So, for the fight against the GH + PG, instead of getting Link's butt smacked embarrassingly, I went and got my FD armor set upgraded entirely to level 3, which gave me good defence (and the bonus), and triple attack up. Then Link ate a really good triple-defence-up meal, and he fused a lynel bit I got from the Satori-wannabe to the game's best weapon, for what should, in theory, be a 70 attack-power very fast one-handed weapon. So...level 3 armor with 50% extra defence, and a 70-attack weapon with 50% extra attack.

In short, I completely brutalized PG. It got in ONE hit that did Link three-quarters of one heart's worth of damage, and otherwise we just whupped it completely. GH and PG together took about 30 seconds to destroy and Link walked out with nearly full health.

It took hours of effort to get all the upgrade bits for the FD armor, and making the food, and getting the fusion pieces. It almost definitely would have taken less time to just go head-on to the fight. But that would have been so demoralizing; I consider it very worthwhile to spend all that extra time to not feel miserable at being such a loser, lol. PG looked like the loser instead of me. :P

I'm not good at anything cool, but at least I AM good at both using AND abusing pretty nearly all the mechanics outside of battle. If you didn't know just how overprepared I was for the fight, you'd even think I was just really good at it. But that's the way I like it! (It'd be fun if I had the skills to do these things 'properly', I'm sure, but winning by a landslide via painfully laborious and dorky methods like beefing up defence and attack until it's basically childsplay still feels like a solid win! Feels like winning via some slick accountancy.)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol everyone is playing Zelda while I’m still working on FE Engage.

I have the option to do the final chapter and I did tried, but that didn’t go well. Even with the DLC emblems, so I’m changing unit classes and leveling up to see if that helps.

Does the game ends instantly after the final boss? I don’t care about spoilers because I look everything up anyway.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote: May 30, 2023 9:50 amDoes the game ends instantly after the final boss? I don’t care about spoilers because I look everything up anyway.
You'll get some cutscenes, everyone in your party will get their scripted ending (except for whoever you chose to give your ring to - the two of you will have a paired ending instead), then credits will roll.

---

So I finished Tears of the Kingdom and fully intended to jump right back into Xenoblade 3, but the Pokemon Home update DID come out after all, so I wanted to at least boot up Scarlet and start fresh with a shiny team I've been holding onto forever! The selection of mons that can be carried over is smaller than I'd like (more than half of my shiny stash is still barred entry!) but I still managed to get a low level shiny team into the game. I also actually saw my first in-game shiny as I was walking the first route - a shiny hoppip. UNFORTUNATELY, it got despawned by a cutscene so I wasn't able to catch it! If I wasn't sporting an entire team of them, I'd be more upset about it, but it still sucks regardless. Rip lil green dude, woulda liked to catch ya!

I'll probably play til the big story set up then get back to Xenoblade.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh nice. I gave my ring to prince Alfred
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Not much to post since my last one. Sadly, I haven't made much progress with any games. I've been so tired and depressed lately that it's been hard to focus on gaming. It may also be due to my anxiety about summer as well. I'm not sure if I'll get out of it any time soon and may just take a break from gaming. After all, I'm needing to redo my SheCodes class and even am taking an online class for my school (I miss my college). Both of these begin June 12. Not sure if it's a good idea to start doing them at the same time, but I need to try. Anyway, onto gaming.

Haven't made any progress with Ryza, Yakuza, or Octopath Traveller 2. The two latter games are very story heavy (as most of my rpg backlog games are), but I'm not sure if that's why I can't play them right now. With all three of these, I know I want to beat them, but am not sure I can muster up the energy to due so.

In terms of replaying games, I've be doing another replay of Dragon Quest 11 (because I love it), Octopath Traveller 1 (because I like it), and now Shin Megami Tensei 5. Honestly, I shouldn't be redoing a replay with Shin Megami Tensei 5 until I finish it, but I want to try the game on normal. What I might do is pause the normal difficulty run I'm doing and go and beat my first file. I think I still have another 15 to 20 hours on that. As for the other two, I've beaten the main story of Dragon Quest 11 (this was a while back), but never beat the third act. It's a bit easier for me to replay because I did beat the main game, but I still want to get the true ending. Of course I also replayed it because I do love the game. As for Octopath Traveller 1, I do really like this game, but may need to put off playing it for a while so I can do the other games. I beat the main game, got the credits and honestly only need to finish the true boss. Also, this game may be the cause of my burn out so I may really need to stop playing it and maybe even the second one for a while. Still, I have fun playing this series and they're both good goes. For these three, I have not time frame of when I'll be able to finish.

I've also been dabbling in a new Animal Crossing save. This is just for when I need a break and/or need to relax. I'm glad to be playing it again. Also still planning to be Story of Seasons PoOT, but haven't play it for a bit. I'm hoping I can finish it soon. I'm not that far off.

Outside of these games, I haven't been doing much else. I played some Kirby and it's fun, but can also be frustrating. It's very short, so it likely won't take me too long unless I 100 % it. Haven't played much of Zelda yet, which I'm a bit upset about. Not sure what I'll do in June honestly. It just feels like I'm regressing when it comes to my anxiety and depression. I think for the next few days I'll just play test some games and see what sticks. I don't really have a plan. I will say if I manage to finish Shin Megami Tensei 5 soon, I'll jump into Monster Stories 2 next. I just don't want to play too many monster collecting games right now. Anyway, hopefully on my next post, I'll have made some progress.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I've made a fair amount of progress in BoTW and I think I MIGHT be able to finish the main story before I get ToTK if the summer jobs I'm applying to continue to not get back to me. :shifty: It's actually not taking anywhere near as long as I thought it would and is easier than I remembered. It was one of the first games I played when I started branching out from farming sims so I struggled with it the first time around. I remember spending hours struggling with the divine beasts my first time and was dreading them lol, only to find that they're actually pretty fun.

The story still really isn't grabbing me, though. I've been actually trying to collect the memories and pay attention to the cutscenes but they're just soooo boring. I generally love games with stories other people find boring but the cutscenes in BoTW just put my brain to sleep. Apparently the ToTK story is better, though.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: May 29, 2023 6:37 am Don't feel bad about that at all! It was a lot tougher to play games when there were no internet guides to run to. I think I just lucked out in that case of knowing somebody who found the Sun's Song and was brave enough to go play around with it. (I would have avoided them like the plague ANY other way.) I didn't even beat OoT or Majora's for YEARS (fear of failure being my only excuse) I was such a baby. :lol:

Anyway, feel proud you conquered your fear! It's not easy to do but it always feels good when it's done.
Thank you!!! I actually only have the Sun's Song because of a similar occurrence haha. After I first encountered the Redeads, I went to school and asked my friend who played a lot of Zelda what to do and he told me how to get it. Thank goodness for our braver friends! :lol:

Speaking of OoT, I finished the Bottom of the Well dungeon a few days ago! Since it's known for being one of the creepiest dungeons in the game, I figure I'll be able to handle most of what the game throws at me in the future (though I'm sure the Shadow Temple will have some scary moments too). I did turn on the lights in the room to do the dungeon since I was creeped out at first... but after learning my way around and finding the map it wasn't too bad. Scariest moment was the mummified Redead in the coffin that comes out at you, definitely jumpscared me. :shock:
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Hmmm, the Shadow Temple. Not gonna lie, that's the one that has stopped me from replaying OoT a second time. Too creepy for me, but I was very proud (and relieved) to get through it to carry on the story. Good luck!

Still trucking along in TOTK. I think I might be 75-80% done? Trying to milk it for as long as I can before continuing the story.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Diablo IV had its early release yesterday evening! The full release is technically next week, but a lot of folks are playing right now. Shockingly, server performance is great. I ran into a 3-minute queue when I logged in for the 6pm launch, but I it took less time to get in, and I haven't had any issues with lag, booting, logging in since, etc. Technology is amazing!

I haven't actually played it very much, because I need to use my partner's PC, and so does my partner (currently, it is being used to play Everquest). I am dying inside because I want to play so badly, and haven't quite gotten past the content I played in the server slam. I stuck with Sorceress, since it's been forever since I played one. It's still really good. I'm about to max out my vacation hours at work, and I'm secretly hoping they will force me to take days off so I can veg out and play this.

--

I started Theatrhythm on my Switch, and have been fairly addicted to that. There is so much content. I bought the digital upgrade and the two available season passes, and hated myself a little, but I will definitely get a lot of mileage out of this game. Currently playing through the quest mode on the lowest difficulty, since doing that difficulty later is unbearably boring. I like the new Switch controls, and I love all the new systems etc. I don't remember the character leveling mechanics in Curtain Call, but I'm not sure how I feel yet about the leveling past 99. Seems... long, but I'm saving up my eggs for a few good characters. So far I've completed all but 1-3 challenges in each area... I suspect some are for later, when you get better teams, and I'm still unlocking characters with magic to suit the weaknesses of the level, etc.

I also downloaded Power Wash Simulator, lol. I heard it has an unbelievable plot, which... yes, is kind of hard to believe. I've cleared maybe 12 missions? They are starting to take a couple hours to clear. This is good for when I feel like doing literally nothing, so that's nice. They also recently announced a Warhammer 40k collaboration, and if I don't get to hose down an Ultramarine or a Death Guard I'm going to be bummed.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote: Jun 02, 2023 2:04 pm Thank you!!! I actually only have the Sun's Song because of a similar occurrence haha. After I first encountered the Redeads, I went to school and asked my friend who played a lot of Zelda what to do and he told me how to get it. Thank goodness for our braver friends! :lol:

Speaking of OoT, I finished the Bottom of the Well dungeon a few days ago! Since it's known for being one of the creepiest dungeons in the game, I figure I'll be able to handle most of what the game throws at me in the future (though I'm sure the Shadow Temple will have some scary moments too). I did turn on the lights in the room to do the dungeon since I was creeped out at first... but after learning my way around and finding the map it wasn't too bad. Scariest moment was the mummified Redead in the coffin that comes out at you, definitely jumpscared me. :shock:
Oof. The Bottom of the Well was something else as a kid. Definitely not something to play at night...or in a basement. :lol: Congrats on getting it done!

I don't know why I didn't find the Shadow Temple AS bad. Maybe less claustrophobic? It doesn't feel quite the same, the biggest problem is that it's long since it's a regular dungeon. If you'd like any prior warning of scares, I can help with that! Aside from that, just take breaks and I'm sure you'll do great! :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote: May 30, 2023 4:22 pm Oh nice. I gave my ring to prince Alfred
A good choice. Most of the fandom agrees he's 'best boy'. I ended up giving mine to Pandreo in my first file and I'm currently undecided on who in my second. It'll probably be one of the DLC characters seeing as I worked so hard to get them.

----

Working my way through chapter 5 of Xenoblade 3. Story beats are starting to fall into place now, but I still have a few questions I don't think I've quite figured out yet. By the amount of Heroes I've yet to unlock, I'm guessing I'm about half way through the game??? Maybe??? AT 54 HOURS??? Help. I was thinking maps may get smaller until the game literally
Spoiler:
Final Fantasy'd me with a mount and a giant area for said mount. Bruh.
I now have both of the DLC heroes and I did Eunie's quest before I started nodding off. I have three days off in a row next week, so I'm hoping I can use them to polish this game off. I do intend to do all the Hero quests and as many side quests as possible, but I'm no longer prioritizing quests that require me to grind materials that are out of way to get. If I have them, cool, if not, I'll save it for later. I want to finish this game before Final Fantasy XVI comes out and I think I can, I'm just gonna need to hyper focus.

In other gaming stuff, I FINALLY got the Raiden Shogun to friendship 10 so I can remove her from my daily commissions team comp. I dislike this character greatly and while I needed her for the Abyss, now that she's coughed up her namecard, I don't plan on using her ever again. I pulled her by accident on her first run. I wanted Sara for 4* completion sake and the Shogun came home at a ridiculously low pity. I let her rot with my other unwanted 5* until I realized a few months ago she could useful on my road to the PS5 Plat. But she's useless to me now 100%. If I need electro, I'll use Lisa or Fischl. Bye-bye worst mom!

Annnnd in Pokemon, I caught a shiny! I figured after the shiny hoppip despawn that my luck was all used up, but nope! I was admiring all the mareep on an early route (I love sheep) and turned a corner to find a shiny one! It's pink! I named it Sorbet~
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah I just like him the most. Sounds like the fandom agrees
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote: Jun 03, 2023 5:53 am Yeah I just like him the most. Sounds like the fandom agrees
He's got a good personality, he's cute, and he genuinely loves the Divine Dragon, so he's a popular choice. There's another reason people go for him too, but it's kinda a spoiler, so I'll put it in one.
Spoiler:
If the Divine Dragon gives their pact ring to another, he dies soon after the ending. He has a chronic illness that he hides behind all the muscle bulding he tends to do. If you do his support chain with his sister, it further explains it. Basically, by receiving the ring he gains a blessing that allows him to live a long life.

I'm now on day one of my 4 days off. Gonna try real hard to polish off Xenoblade 3. I've also officially taken Let's Go Pikachu and New Horizions off my backlog. The former because I forgot how annoying it is to play this game unless you're doing it portable. I would actually like to get the Pokeball plus, but it's crazy expensive now, so eh. Transfered all my mons to home and deleted it. The latter because my motivation tanked after dabbling in it for a few days. I just don't think I'm ready for it again, yet. I'll try again once my backlog is clear.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Jun 06, 2023 9:21 am
Shan O 123 wrote: Jun 03, 2023 5:53 am Yeah I just like him the most. Sounds like the fandom agrees
He's got a good personality, he's cute, and he genuinely loves the Divine Dragon, so he's a popular choice. There's another reason people go for him too, but it's kinda a spoiler, so I'll put it in one.
Spoiler:
If the Divine Dragon gives their pact ring to another, he dies soon after the ending. He has a chronic illness that he hides behind all the muscle bulding he tends to do. If you do his support chain with his sister, it further explains it. Basically, by receiving the ring he gains a blessing that allows him to live a long life.

I'm now on day one of my 4 days off. Gonna try real hard to polish off Xenoblade 3. I've also officially taken Let's Go Pikachu and New Horizions off my backlog. The former because I forgot how annoying it is to play this game unless you're doing it portable. I would actually like to get the Pokeball plus, but it's crazy expensive now, so eh. Transfered all my mons to home and deleted it. The latter because my motivation tanked after dabbling in it for a few days. I just don't think I'm ready for it again, yet. I'll try again once my backlog is clear.
Spoiler:
Aww, I knew he has a illness but I didn’t know he dies. I’m glad I chose him now ❤️
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

FINALLY finished BoTW after trying to multiple times since I got it in like 2019. I didn't do everything because I knew if I tried to there was no way I'd end up getting around to the castle lol. I was definitely under leveled for it even with all the divine beasts but I just about manages. Anyway, it's my birthday tomorrow so I might get ToTK. I've been getting such bad FOMO from all my friends playing it while I play BoTW...