Backlog 2023

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hey guys, I hope everyones been doing okay. It's been a while since I've posted.

Anyway, I've been gaming a good amount lately. Been having some anxiety lately (not new), so I decided to try and fill my time with gaming. This is both a good and bad thing. Good because I've been finding some joy in the games I've been playing, but also bad because it's been hard to focus on my other responsibilities. I'm hoping I can change this in the new week.

Gaming wise, I've been playing mainly Dragon Quest 11 and Octopath Traveler 2, although I have been trying out some other games to see if they'll stick.

With Dragon Quest 11, I started playing this during the end of January because I really needed something to escape too. I chose Dragon Quest 11 because I've played tested it a while back and really liked it. And now, after playing and beating the main game, I love it. Dragon Quest 11 was a delight to play for me. I enjoyed it tremendously from the characters (I love Eric and Sylvando the most), to the story, and the combat. The characters are a big highlight for me in Dragon Quest 11, and I really loved the banter between them. I also liked the story and it kept me wanting to know about what would happen. Yeah, it's nothing super original, but it's still a fun story and done well. I also love the combat in this game. It's easy to understand and fun. I also really liked the art in this game. I thought I wouldn't, but I ended up loving the designs and the colors. The music and quests are probably the weakest part, especially the music and I do wish that they added more variety. Overall though, I really enjoyed this game and am even replaying now on a harder mode. I still need to beat the post game though on my first file though.

Another game I've been playing a lot is Octopath Traveler 2. I got this when it came out (February 24), and played it the next day. At first, I thought I wouldn't like this game because the first one never clicked with me. I also wasn't exactly thrilled with how the game handled the interactions with the protagonists. However, having now played nearly sixty hours, I will say it's a pretty good game. A thing that surprised me about this game was how much I like every character. Yeah, some stories are boring or lackluster, but I do really like the characters. I like them so much that I'm using all of them. I've been rotating through them during certain chapters. The music is great as well, something which I will admit it beats Dragon Quest at. The world itself is pretty fun to explore and the art is actually very well done. The thing that might put people off is the lack of character interactions. Barely do these protagonists interact and it can be disappointing. Yeah they do have small banter scenes with each other and it's fun reading them, but it's not very fleshed out. There are also cross paths, but they are limiting. Still, the cast is good and stories nice, so I think if one can look past the lack of character interactions, they'll like this game. I haven't finished it yet of course, but it's been fun to play. I still prefer Dragon Quest 11, but Octopath Traveler 2 has been a nice surprise and enjoyable.

Besides these two games, I've played tested some others games. Sadly, none caught my interest much and two of them I had to give up on because the gameplay wasn't fun. I do plan to go back to some of these games though once I finish up Octopath Traveler 2 or at least play test them more since I played them when I was really tired (it's never good to try out a game when your tired.)

Currently, outside of replaying Dragon 11 and eventually finishing the third act on my first file, and playing Octopath Traveler 2, I don't have much else planned gaming wise. I may dip into Xenoblade or Trails, depending on how I feel or even trying out other games, but honestly right now I'm just wanting to play these two games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Finished Zestiria! Not in the mood to grind for Lord of the Land levels after that ending, so that'll have to wait a little, but I AM going to get those levels up sooner or later, before NG+ some day. I already had all of them up to level 8-13, and one to level 16, so it's a decent start. But Tales is always so sharply bittersweet, even on a second go, it still takes some digesting. I did pretty much remember the ending properly, though. I absorbed it a bit better this time. Personally, I don't think he
Spoiler:
became a seraph, as I don't see any evidence of it at all, with him even coming back with the same clothes and haircut...in game Mikleo even shouted at Sorey when Sorey told his decision, that the he'd be outside of the flow of time and would have no idea just how long it'd be before he'd be released...it looks like he was in stasis for a few hundred years (or even thousands, since Zaveid lived 1000 years between Bers and Zest and doesn't appear to have aged at all, so Mikleo looking like he'd gone from teen to twenties while Sorey was 'away' makes me think it may have been more than mere centuries) and then woke up/was released back into the flow of time to carry on that promise/dream he and Mikleo based their decision to set out into the world on in the first place, and he went straight back to Mikleo. Rose had died of old age already, but the seraphs obviously always kept an eye on her, or maybe directly in contact with her. I don't know who that kid was but it looks like he may have been Rose's descendent and he also had become a Shepherd? Though that heavily marked book made me think 'scholar'.

Really makes me wonder what it was like for Sorey, returning to the world/flow of time, and having to set off in such a changed place, looking for Mikleo. A whole other story! This is the stuff fan-fiction is made of.
I never seem to get tired of JRPGs. (Unless they're turn-based or pixelly.) Gotta look over my list and decide what to go to, but it's hard to go back to a babyish story like Fantasy Life's after a story-driven beast like Tales or Trails or Xenoblade. Guess I'll go for Vesperia, Monstrum Nox or the Divine Force demo. Not in the mood for any of the new games I have, as they're not story-driven. Finish one big story, you kind of want another!
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I started a new island in ACNH. My old one was nice and my house was perfect but, if I'm honest with myself, my main fun comes from the beginning. I'm going outside my comfort zone a bit as my islands are always very organized. This time I took whatever villagers I got to start with ( some of them are really freaky!) and my homes are scattered all over on different levels. I did amiibo card Marshall in as a stable influence, lol.

I've started another run thru of Harvestella. I cannot believe how much I love this game. For me it's just under DQIIS for enjoyment.

Y'day I watched a bit of play through of Wylde Flower by SharkyGames and bought it based on that. I'm really enjoying it. At first I wasn't interested in the game as I found the art style offputting, but watching it for a bit made me not hate it. The story is better, imho, than a lot of the witchy type games and the village characters are all pretty interesting. There is tons to do what with cooking, fishing, potions, odd jobs, gardening and, of course, providing the entire place with all the wood, rock, ores etc to build it up. I really like that you can change the time speed during play, a nice QoL aspect.

Our winter has been almost snow free, which is very odd for the Finger Lakes of NYS, but March seems determined to bring all the cold and inclement weather that's been stored up from November on. I'm sick of grey skies and grey trees: I need sunshine and green leaves!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote: Mar 05, 2023 2:26 pmOur winter has been almost snow free, which is very odd for the Finger Lakes of NYS, but March seems determined to bring all the cold and inclement weather that's been stored up from November on. I'm sick of grey skies and grey trees: I need sunshine and green leaves!
A day or two I was going on about how much snow we had. Up to my ribs, I said. Well that night we got 8 more inches and where it was at the bottom of my ribs, a bit above the waist, now it's at the top, more around chest-height. It's a bloody lotta snow! We're probably going to have flooding this spring, like we did back in...was it 2019? A few years ago anyway. We won't at my house because we're on top of a hill, but down the road toward the river, years ago we had basically a lake around the waterfront houses for a few months. So glad I don't have waterfront property! Pretty and fun in a good year, but very risky in a soggy region like ours.

More sun in the morning and the evening now, though, that's nice...we've had clear skies for a few days. It's sunny atm and only -6C so it's not even viciously cold as a trade-off. And I have green leaves...on tiny, tiiiiiny seedlings growing on my windowsill. Several each of the 12 seeds planted each for bell pepper and jalapeno have popped, though they're still in the cotelydon stage...they've only got their embryonic leaves, at this point. But they're green and adorable!

~

I've been so wiped out I haven't really even been able to feed myself like an adult, so after finishing Zestiria in the morning yesterday, I slept much of the afternoon and evening, then all night as well! Wth? I feel like the dregs of something today, too. Not sure what's up, because this is extra, over the usual. I do want to see the content that unlocks in post-game because I never bothered with that before...I want to go to Hexen Isle and find that last LotL and plump him/her/it up as well. Everybody's got to be up to minimum level 13, I've decided, so I can perma-dash everywhere. Not sure if I'll go to the trouble of raising many/any to maximum level 25, as it's tremendously tedious and would take hours just to get one LoL to 25, and there are SEVEN of them. I have one to 16. I might bother myself to raise that one to 20 to get the achievement, cuz...why not? Maybe even to 21, for the free warping in Zaphgott and Plitzerback and attached areas.

No promises, though, because I slept literally half of yesterday and I feel just as draggy today. Really feels like something's gone astray, somehow. I feel like I'll be lucky to wake all the way up at any point today, let alone do any gaming.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Had a nice surprise in Genshin this morning:
Spoiler:
Putting the Staff of the Scarlet Sands on Yaoyao for the lulz. Will probably give to Xiao later once I start building him. No idea who to give Beacon of the Reed Sea to considering the only claymore character I use is Xinyan and she's set already. Eh, holding onto it regardless, might be good on someone in the future. For now, it's reset day! Time to bully all the bosses and hope they cough up dream solvent! >:D

Crossing my fingers and toes that I finish GAA this week. I SHOULD be able to with how my days off fall, it'll just take me NOT FALLING ASLEEP.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Mar 06, 2023 11:30 amCrossing my fingers and toes that I finish GAA this week. I SHOULD be able to with how my days off fall, it'll just take me NOT FALLING ASLEEP.
These are things that should be QoL features in all games, imo, now that it's become a common thought, that 'gamers' comprises a very wide variety of people with a very wide set of conditions. I don't know if the audio can be tweaked in that game at all, as I never looked, but it'd be great if they put in a couple different speech/text sound effects and/or let us turn on/off the sound entirely, or at least adjust the volume of it.

Adjustable audio settings ought to be standard in all games at this point, imo. Letting players adjust the BGM, voice, sound effects and cutscenes for volume at least seems doable for just about any game dev. Being able to choose your own version of any of those over the default setting would be nice, but icing. BGM drowning out the cutscenes was one of the problems with XCX, for example. (That and unadjustable tiny UI text size that anyone with less than perfect vision had a hard time reading. Also a good QoL feature to include...adjustable UI!)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Mar 06, 2023 11:30 am Had a nice surprise in Genshin this morning:
Spoiler:
Holy « Cow Poopoo », Bluie. :lol: Your luck is something else. The only better I've ever seen is the streamer that got me into the game... (he got Diluc in his first 10 pull before starting the only Genshin stream - back in 1.0 when people cared. Can't remember any other pulls he talked about doing except a story about getting 3 copies of Ganyu in 2 ten pulls...).

Very brave touching weapon banner, too. The couple times I've watched whales pull on it has been enough to keep me away.

--
I swear, the number of times I've entered a quest area while diving into it only to have the game cut to a scene of characters, coming back to a dead character. Gr..... Mihoyo, please.

I've only done the first part of the event quest, spending that time doing Jeht's quest instead. Not done with it yet, but I do have the little Jinni buggar. Shame its animations don't match up to the personality of the character at all... I'm about a third of the way through clearing out the upper desert area, following my mark it on the map technique... no guarantees when I get to the end because there's SO FING MANY types of puzzles, but... we'll see.

Still waffling on giving Ayaka's banner a couple of ten pulls... it'll depend on what the consensus on chocobo boy is.

Can't bring myself to play anything else for now, still way, way too busy. And it may get worse before it gets better.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Mar 06, 2023 2:19 pm
Bluie wrote: Mar 06, 2023 11:30 amCrossing my fingers and toes that I finish GAA this week. I SHOULD be able to with how my days off fall, it'll just take me NOT FALLING ASLEEP.
These are things that should be QoL features in all games, imo, now that it's become a common thought, that 'gamers' comprises a very wide variety of people with a very wide set of conditions. I don't know if the audio can be tweaked in that game at all, as I never looked, but it'd be great if they put in a couple different speech/text sound effects and/or let us turn on/off the sound entirely, or at least adjust the volume of it.

Adjustable audio settings ought to be standard in all games at this point, imo. Letting players adjust the BGM, voice, sound effects and cutscenes for volume at least seems doable for just about any game dev. Being able to choose your own version of any of those over the default setting would be nice, but icing. BGM drowning out the cutscenes was one of the problems with XCX, for example. (That and unadjustable tiny UI text size that anyone with less than perfect vision had a hard time reading. Also a good QoL feature to include...adjustable UI!)
Unfortunately, you cannot turn the blipping off that's lulling me to sleep without turning off all the SFX in the game, most of which is what gives me a little bit of focus when the characters are bantering overlong about an answer I've already seen several paragraphs ago. Things like slamming the table, the 'pings' when someone realizes something / is surprised, and so on. I do agree there should be more accessibility in games overall, especially when some games set the standard really high. Something like FFXIV, for example, has so many accessibility options it's insane, and you can even save your preferred set up to be available when needed. It's lovely.
Mikodesu wrote: Mar 06, 2023 9:17 pm
Bluie wrote: Mar 06, 2023 11:30 am Had a nice surprise in Genshin this morning:
Spoiler:
Holy « Cow Poopoo », Bluie. :lol: Your luck is something else. The only better I've ever seen is the streamer that got me into the game... (he got Diluc in his first 10 pull before starting the only Genshin stream - back in 1.0 when people cared. Can't remember any other pulls he talked about doing except a story about getting 3 copies of Ganyu in 2 ten pulls...).

Very brave touching weapon banner, too. The couple times I've watched whales pull on it has been enough to keep me away.

--
I swear, the number of times I've entered a quest area while diving into it only to have the game cut to a scene of characters, coming back to a dead character. Gr..... Mihoyo, please.

I've only done the first part of the event quest, spending that time doing Jeht's quest instead. Not done with it yet, but I do have the little Jinni buggar. Shame its animations don't match up to the personality of the character at all... I'm about a third of the way through clearing out the upper desert area, following my mark it on the map technique... no guarantees when I get to the end because there's SO FING MANY types of puzzles, but... we'll see.

Still waffling on giving Ayaka's banner a couple of ten pulls... it'll depend on what the consensus on chocobo boy is.

Can't bring myself to play anything else for now, still way, way too busy. And it may get worse before it gets better.
Haha... my luck is always good when I don't want something! I really only wished into the weapon banner because I wanted to fulfill the 'make 50 wishes' BP achievement and I don't want to pull on any character banners due to me having a guaranteed Baizhu come 3.6. Because they drowned us in 20+ pink wishes, I decided to use the only other banner that takes them and, poof, wack desire sensor strikes again.

Windblume was really nice this year and I only have the last few time gated activities to complete now. I played the entire event in Japanese VA to avoid he who shall not be named and I like the cast overall more in English, but some of the Japanese VA do a really good job too. I'd say I only disliked Razor's and Rosaria's while everyone else was either on par with the ENG VA or better (Paimon, for example). The lore drop was really cool too and I know it'll come into play later on down the line.

FFXIV finally has had a substantial update adding more things to do outside savage raiding, thank goodness. After I finished the most recent update, I really was only logging on to check my retainers and then log off again. Now there's a reason to play again, because my only other options were old content grinding and I have to be in a specifc kind of mood for that, and now is not the time. Really glad I can get back into it and will be adding it back to my wind down gaming so it's not only Genshin all the time.
Roinda

Post  Posted:

Still playing AC. All three villagers have moved in. The campsite was placed yesterday, and is now fully built today.

Unlocked the DLC yesterday. Don’t know what made me think you had to move in the first campsite villager for that to happen. That’s what’s always happened for me before but then maybe that’s because I was time travelling? I don’t know. Can’t wait to see who my first one is tomorrow.

NPC was Mabel for the third time, so in a couple of days the tailors will be open.

Got my second home loan paid off and started the next one, so I’ll have another room in the house.
Last edited by Roinda on Mar 07, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Many devs definitely still skimp on QoL features and accessibility options, but that's one area I wish they'd ALL hurry up and get on board with prioritizing

~

Squeee! You only have to get ONE Lord of the Land to level 21 to unlock permanent free travel in ALL REGIONS in Zestiria!

Every other boon is limited to the area that Lord rules over, but something I saw, mentioned only very vaguely, made me wonder if the free travel became free EVERYWHERE once you unlocked it in one place, and thank goodness, that is true! This'll be a great feature to have for NG+. Though...the area unlocked is a late-game one so perhaps I should raise Ladylake up as well, since I probably have to re-select the boons when I begin an NG+ file. Hmph. Harder since Ladylake has a terrible shop with low-value goods. I'll just have to ferry high-value goods from Lohgrin to Ladylake, then. Easy now that it's free! Though still a pain-in-the-butt extra step in an already tedious process.

Thank goodness for gald increases and drop bottles and giant gold mimics! Grabbed me 6 million gald in 5 minutes thanks to the gald farming method.

Tum and head are both quite upset with me today. Not sure why. Just the mood they're in today, I guess, which makes me not want to play much. BUT...now that I know how to get rich any time I burn though my money, I think I can toast these LotL levels much more comfortably. They contribute a LOT to NG+ grade levels so you can add way more features, so I want to get as much as I can. I know that if I put this game down until I want to play it again, I'll forget what I'm doing in post game right now and it'll never get done and I'll have to do another playthrough before I can get to it again. So gotta do it NOW.

EDIT: Hmm, something's odd with transport prices. It became free in more than just Lohgrin, but...not in all circumstances. Haven't figured out precisely how it works, yet. Why was I able to transport out of Arctus for free? Is that area under Lohgrin? Because it shows as a different region on the map...
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I beginning to get burned out by Octopath Traveler 2. It's a good game and I've enjoyed my sixty-seventy hour run of it a lot, but I am not enjoying the last stretch. Basically, once you get to the final chapter of one of the eight characters, you then go up against their boss. This of course is not a problem. The problem is that each boss has some sort of awful gimmick. These so called gimmicks are not fun for me and honestly are far more frustrating than fun . I've nearly dropped the game multiple times because of these final chapters. It's sad because I've been really enjoying my time with the game. I like the characters and stories, and love the music and combat. However, I'm finding it very difficult to beat the bosses even though I'm 15 levels higher then the recommended level. No doubt a person who gets the combat system or is good with rpg's will likely find these battles fun but I just don't. I don't mind unique bosses or hard ones, but the way that Octopath Traveler 2 handles these bosses isn't fun. There's challenge, but having to do these challenges eight times with confusing mechanics at times is making me not want to keep going.

I think the main problem is me not getting the combat system fully and also the lack of being able to buy certain items. When it comes to items in the game, there are certain items that prove to be really useful but you can't buy them. The only way to get them is from chests, people (for example stealing), or quests. These items are very limiting and this sucks for someone like me who doesn't always know what they are doing and needs the items to help me out. As for the combat, it's good, but at times things seem vague like a characters skill or certain buffs and debuffs.

Anyway, I just find it frustrating because I really like the game and have enjoyed it a lot. However, now I'm not having any fun and find myself just wanting to drop it. This sucks because I have 80+ hours in this game and really want to finish. I think for now though I'll stop playing and either take a break from games or try something else. I really hope that I can finish Octopath Traveler 2 by the end of the month though....
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Mar 07, 2023 6:58 am I'd say I only disliked Razor's and Rosaria's while everyone else was either on par with the ENG VA or better (Paimon, for example). The lore drop was really cool too and I know it'll come into play later on down the line.
I'd like to know who approved of the English Paimon voice... :| It's kinda mind boggling that the same person (probably) approved of the rest of the performances, cause even if I like some Japanese casting better, NONE of the others are grating or outright bad to me.

I should try listening to Paimon's Chinese VA, to know if they sound like a squeak toy too or if it follows the Japanese sound better. The Japanese VO seems to be a little loose with its translation, but every voice I've heard in Chinese sounds REALLY close to the Japanese actors so they must have been careful about casting, at least.

--
Finished the Windbloom storyline in Genshin tonight while I was drawing. The whole thing felt a lot like last year's Lantern Rite, a cute/casual romp with friends. Pointless, but it gives me the warm fuzzies anyway.

Not done with the mini game stuff yet, but « Harvest Goddess » I LOVE THE MUSIC ONE. I cannot for the LIFE of me get the hang of it on controller, but on keyboard it's just great. I adjusted my settings for lag tonight and did way better. It's fun even if I don't get half decent scores, though. The music in this game is just too good, there should be more events that focus on it. Imagine when we get to the Scaramouche boss theme.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Roinda wrote: Mar 07, 2023 1:10 pmUnlocked the DLC yesterday. Don’t know what made me think you had to move in the first campsite villager for that to happen. That’s what’s always happened for me before but then maybe that’s because I was time travelling? I don’t know. Can’t wait to see who my first one is tomorrow.
I didn't unlock the DLC when my first camper moved in. As far as I know, it's STILL not unlocked for me...but then, I stopped playing...though I did play a few days after town hall got upgraded, so it's a bit confusing as to why I haven't had the announcement that Lottie wants to meet me. But the internet says that Nintendo stated the unlock conditions to be:
  • The building for Resident Services must be built.
  • You must have your own house.
  • You must have finished the DIY workshop.
~

Still working on some of the Zestiria accomplishments. It's a punishing list, though, that requires FIVE playthroughs if you don't want to fight the final boss on Chaos. Still, the gald farming helps a lot with the important part, which is raising those LotL levels. Giant Gold Mimics are surprisingly easy to come by! I currently have 44% of the achievement list, and I think I could pick up as many as ten more in those post-game portion of my first PS4 playthrough, which would leave about 14 that could only be achieved in NG+ runs, if it's even possible for a player like me to get them. (Some of them require no items or no retries, which may be beyond me, especially for battles set on Hard or worse.)

I guess I should check in on my village again today *sigh*. I've been ignoring it! But it bothers me that the DLC isn't triggering. I also have an important call to make today so that's stuck on my mind and making it difficult to think about anything else until that's over with. I have a mild phone phobia and knowing I'll have to talk to a machine for some reason makes it even worse, but...gotta do what you've gotta do, and all that!

EDIT: Btw! Did anybody else notice the weird mass auditory-hallucination most people seemed to have when watching the newest trailer for LoZ: TotK in the Direct? Almost everybody heard Zelda say 'Lend me your power', and it seems to be partly behind a lot of speculation that she'll be playable. The thing is...she didn't say that. She said, and quite clearly: Lend HIM your power. But it's extraordinary how many people heard 'me' rather than 'him' in that. My friend also thought it said that at first. I can't remember what I thought the first time, as I was trying so hard just to absorb the material as a whole, lol.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: Mar 07, 2023 9:56 pm
Bluie wrote: Mar 07, 2023 6:58 am I'd say I only disliked Razor's and Rosaria's while everyone else was either on par with the ENG VA or better (Paimon, for example). The lore drop was really cool too and I know it'll come into play later on down the line.
I'd like to know who approved of the English Paimon voice... :| It's kinda mind boggling that the same person (probably) approved of the rest of the performances, cause even if I like some Japanese casting better, NONE of the others are grating or outright bad to me.

I should try listening to Paimon's Chinese VA, to know if they sound like a squeak toy too or if it follows the Japanese sound better. The Japanese VO seems to be a little loose with its translation, but every voice I've heard in Chinese sounds REALLY close to the Japanese actors so they must have been careful about casting, at least.

--
Finished the Windbloom storyline in Genshin tonight while I was drawing. The whole thing felt a lot like last year's Lantern Rite, a cute/casual romp with friends. Pointless, but it gives me the warm fuzzies anyway.

Not done with the mini game stuff yet, but « Harvest Goddess » I LOVE THE MUSIC ONE. I cannot for the LIFE of me get the hang of it on controller, but on keyboard it's just great. I adjusted my settings for lag tonight and did way better. It's fun even if I don't get half decent scores, though. The music in this game is just too good, there should be more events that focus on it. Imagine when we get to the Scaramouche boss theme.
I did actually try the Chinese VA for a little bit and Paimon is very... soothing? She's just chill with a little sass compared to the other performances. That being said, I switched to Japanese because I couldn't stand Sucrose's VA. She sounded dead inside instead of shy/introverted. Maybe I'm just not as used to Chinese inflections as I am Japanese, but the cutscenes I watched in Chinese just had me wondering if Sucrose's VA had phoned it in for the event. I've gotten used to Paimon in English now but she does go a little too hard with her pitch sometimes, but she does also make me genuinely chuckle too, so fair trade I guess?

I remapped all the buttons for the rhythm game on controller and its been serving me quite well. Also changed the layout to horizontal instead of the circle one and it's much easier to anticipate the notes. They're definitely going to milk music events into the ground now that they have the system and an abundance of music to use. Hope we get Diona's theme in the future because it's so jazzy and fun.

---

Teamed up with some FC pals in FFXIV last night and got through the first 30 floors of the new deep dungeon. Had a couple of close calls, but we managed! It's a good thing I went in as a healer because we kept stepping on landmines or taking surprise AOEs to the face. I'll definitely go back at it again with them if time allows.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Got the ok to exercise again and the weight restriction lifted, but the fitness games have not yet worked out as I was hoping. It's really hard to do yoga when a toddler wants to stand on the balance board too, or even think about Ringfit when the baby princess thinks she ought to be held, lol. The stepping and running games in Wii fit are proving to be workable though. Deleted Pokemon Go again as it's not tracking distance very well. Old school pedometer, we meet again.

I borrowed Harvestella from the local library, and have just gotten to the part where the demo ends I believe. I am liking it better this try than the demo. I am still not sold on the farming but it is growing on me. The fighting aspect is actually really good in my opinion though, maybe not as snappy as Ys but pretty good I think.

I also have been doing better on my multiplayer resolution, playing more games with my kids, like Mario Party and Switch Sports, which has been fun.