Backlog 2023

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Another mildly cursed weekend come and gone. Probably 12-15 hours of work this weekend, very minor progress. Needless to say I've had very little time for gaming (what free time I DID have went mostly to art), so Genshin is still the deal of the day.

Finished Dirge of Bilqis. Pretty good, big appreciate the effort to make the quest a world tour. In the days since I've gotten to 67% complete on exploration in the northern desert area. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll finish that this week, and can go around looking for quests I haven't triggered. There's a bunch of them this time, too... Haven't gotten any of the Sumeru craftable weapon recipes this time around, either. Which is weird cause they were all pretty easy to come across in Inazuma.

Been running around with a double hydro/double pyro team lately. Kinda forgot just how good Xiangling is... the girl has serious energy problems but if you can keep her supplied she's just a freaking nuke. I remember maining her early game, until I got myself stuck with my world over leveled because she was too good and the level up bosses are all electro cubes. :lol: Ah, well. She deserves a bit of a revival. Artifact farming has been much faster this way, for sure. I've done a lot of strong box, farming emblem and strong boxing for hydro pieces.

We've got a nothing event this week, which I'll happily take. It's a very busy week, and I'd really like to get through exploration. Might take up a little TCG after that's done, too. There's still enough primos left to tempt me.

As a side note, if you're dealing with Daylight Savings, hope it's going alright. This year was better than last, for me. I'm a bit tired, but I'll probably recover by tomorrow (I think).
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: Mar 12, 2023 8:58 pmHaven't gotten any of the Sumeru craftable weapon recipes this time around, either. Which is weird cause they were all pretty easy to come across in Inazuma.
They're unlocked after finishing a certain part of the the looooong Aranara questline in the forest area. By the Tree of Dreams is an Aranara shop keeper who will sell you all the blueprints.

Also, don't forget to keep visiting the desert clan village after every server reset because there's more Jinni upgrades and more story tied to the world quests there. I'm actually still off and on working on a quest that unlocks after you've done literally every other desert quest.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Mar 13, 2023 6:55 am
Mikodesu wrote: Mar 12, 2023 8:58 pmHaven't gotten any of the Sumeru craftable weapon recipes this time around, either. Which is weird cause they were all pretty easy to come across in Inazuma.
They're unlocked after finishing a certain part of the the looooong Aranara questline in the forest area. By the Tree of Dreams is an Aranara shop keeper who will sell you all the blueprints.

Also, don't forget to keep visiting the desert clan village after every server reset because there's more Jinni upgrades and more story tied to the world quests there. I'm actually still off and on working on a quest that unlocks after you've done literally every other desert quest.
Aaah, that's good to know. Genshin is so weird about stuff like that. Some things they have to make sure you know, some it's just...did you know there's a Wiki? Quests especially, the only way I know is on the board where bounties are. Dunno which of the weapons I'd even make, but I'll have to go snag the recipes, either way.

Kinda looking forward to the rest of this patch's events being chill. The friendship event, especially. Can't remember if you were playing the last time that was run, Spices From the West iirc? If you have a bunch of characters to work on it's good. Can't remember how much friendship you can get on an individual character, but every bit helps. Gotta clear that teapot to make room for the incoming husbandos. :lol:
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I was working on the A Ranks for the Action Stages in Sonic Adventure DX last week and I only had one of Sonic's levels left to do. I had already done quite a few tries and I was in the middle of a pretty good run when one of the shoulder buttons on my controller stopped working. It was one of the camera controls so it wasn't mandatory, but the auto camera in that game can be pretty weird at times. I decided to try to finish the level anyways and, despite some blind jumps I had to make over pits, I made it with less than a second to spare! Luckily I was able to open up my controller and fix the broken button thanks to a guide on YouTube so I was able to get the rest of the missing emblems as well. Which brings me to...
Code_Name_Geek wrote: Mar 09, 2023 3:00 pm I think I'll be ready to move on by the time I get those last 9 emblems.
So that was a lie lol. I did finish getting all the emblems yesterday, but then I saw the achievements sitting at 13/15... and I have to finish it now! Today I blasted through all of Metal Sonic's A Ranks and got one of the two achievements so the only one left is the "complete all missions" one. I haven't done any missions yet so honestly not sure what to expect with those, but hopefully it won't be too crazy. It has the same completion rate as the Metal Sonic one on Steam so it's probably pretty doable.

I'm kind of glad to keep going with the same games for now because the next bit is going to be super busy - next week is the performances for a show I'm helping with so it's rehearsals all this week and I'll be at the theatre for two whole days next week. But the last week of March is spring break and I'll be off work, so I intend to make up for it by starting some new games then!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Did you guys know that flowers can grow on sand pathing? I didn't! But I've got tulips and cosmos sprouting up in the sand on Dew Web! The cosmos are already at maturity so true enough...they can grow from seed to full bloom on sand (pathing...pretty sure it won't work on the beach, though now I have to test that.) I thought that since coconut trees can only grow on real sand and sand pathing, and regular trees can only grow on grass, that flowers were the same, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Now I have to make sure even the tree thing is true!

FINALLY got a bamboo island, after visiting nearly 20 islands. THey're supposed to be the most common. Why can I only get bamboo islands at night? That's been true in every island I've had (there've been four.) I want to get one more though for more materials land more trees. Probably shouldn't waste my tickets trying during the day, even though I've seen pictures of people on bamboo island during the day. Why can't I get there in daylight hours?

Really should be working on PS4 DQB2, or on Fantasy Life, but a load of things unlocked these last few days...
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: Mar 13, 2023 6:23 pmSnip
While I'm not too well versed in which weapon is good overall, the sword is fantastic on Alhaitham (especially if you don't have his signature weapon). I have the rest of them made, but I just slapped them on 4*s I'm ignoring because everyone else is more or less set weaponwise, for now.

I definitely missed the last cooking event, basically figured out it existed via all the new voicelines that were added of the characters reacting to your cooking. I thought at first I had missed a new feature somewhere, but nah, it's a limited thing lol. Definitely going to be participating this time around! I'm aiming to get full friendship on every character I own, so I sort of build them as I go and kick members out of the team as they hit 10. I just had to take Nilou off the team this morning as she got capped after finishing daily commissions. Current team is Alhaitham, Yaoyao, Aloy, and Zhongli. Then my teapot has them + Xiao, Lisa, Nahida, and Diluc for the passive teapot increase. I'll be making sure they're all well fed lol. Though, it's going to be fun once I get down to the characters I haven't built past level 20 for the free wish. Can't wait to be running around my extremely hostile world with literal babies lmao. I only have so much resin!

Still Genshin related, it was brought to my attention that it'll be around 350 Dendro sigils to fully ascend the Tree of Dreams come next patch, and I currently have just over 250. If it's anything like Inazuma's tree, there's more than enough in the upcoming area to fill those up + extra for the souvenir shop and all its goodies. However, a lot of people already have that 350 so I'm clearly missing a lot of chests or something. I have all the Dendroculus as I have two left over crafted radars and they don't respond anywhere on the map. I just finished all the obelisks and the chess pieces (which DONT give sigils), but I haven't done any of the Mysterious Stone Slates as I just remembered they existed this morning and I need to go about unlocking them. As for the forest area, I need to find the rest of the 76 Aranara so I can open the rest of the treasure trove. Legit have no idea how many I've already found and there's no way to track it either other than following a guide (the interactive map is too cumbersome for me, and apparently it's not always accurate). The video guide is over an hour long, so I'd better make sure I have a decent amount of time to burn before I even try. Other than that, I do find the odd chest I missed while running around. I'll be going through somewhere I've been many times, turn the camera, then poof, how'd I miss that??? It's happening in Liyue and Mondstadt too as I'm gathering resources.

Anyways, might actually be playing Genshin with some coworkers tonight. One I play with on occasion while the other one literally got into the game last night after I'd gone to bed. Should be fun literally nuking everything in his world lol.
Roinda

Post  Posted:

Phew, finally got my tenth villager today. I initially wasn’t going to, but when Isabelle announced we had a campsite visitor, I was interested. Did a few chores around the island and then went to see who it was. It was Roscoe, who just so happens to be a cranky, I spoke to him and then went running to RS to get the last housing kit.

Man, it took quite a few tries but I finally managed to win a game to convince him to move in. So tomorrow, I will have all villagers. I’ve already got the island to three stars, did quite a bit of TT the other day. I said I wasn’t going to, but I was impatient to get things done. So KK’s visited, I’ve got Brewster and The Roost and Kapp’n as well.

I paid off the loan I had, and then opened up another one, and now I’ve got three rooms.

Decided to take a break from AC and restarted Spiritfarer. Didn’t play for very long, just up until you sail to Albert’s Shipyard. Might go back to it later.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I managed to pick up a couple more achievements in PS4 DQB2. This week so far I got some housework done, did construction with baby sis (blowing insulation into the roof...I was in charge of cutting open the bales of compressed confetti, breaking them in half, and stacking them up beside the machine to be fed in. Not tricky, but I'm super out of shape, so I was quite sore after 3 or 4 hours of that.) This morning I also planted 8 more varieties of veggie, whee! It was nightshade-family day. :)

I barely remembered to buy Trails to Azure yesterday. Not like I HAD to, though! But I did, cuz Nintendo Everything reminded me that it had released. This is daffy, but it felt weirdly fun to just buy a game outright, without waiting for a sale or anything, lol. I'll get to it before March is out, but I don't think I'll go for it immediately. I'm currently $35 under budget for what I'm allowed to spend this month but I don't think I'll use it up. TotK is already paid for and nothing's coming in April, that I know of, so I think I'm in good shape for a bit. I can go to the chiro two or three times in April! lol Though I find I don't need it much when I'm on relaxants. My own idiot over-toned muscles pull my bits out of alignment for no reason at all, darn it.

Haven't touched Fantasy Life again yet, but I will. E...ven...tu...ally.

Dew Web was busy again. I think it's this busy because I'm currently working on Harv's plaza, and moving all my villagers to the cliffs (they almost all wanna live on grass! And the first layer of cliffs is the only area of town that's naturally grassy...the northernmost clifftops are polar-desert, and the bulk of the island, the southern two-thirds, is all regular desert, and only Lucky so far wants to live there. I think it's because he's so accident prone...him living on a cliff would be a disaster waiting to happen! Also, it doesn't hurt much to trip and fall on sand. So Lucky's staying put. (I got him via campground...he booted Mint! I thought a camper would never displace your most recent move-in, for some reason, but clearly I was wrong.) Plus I go on Kapp'n's tours each day since I want vines. They haven't shown up yet! They're better than the plane tours anyway though; better stuff to find, and half the Nook Miles to get there!

I did a big grocery shopping trip today so I've no excuse not to make a nice dinner this evening...
Roinda

Post  Posted:

I’ve been working on Harv’s Plaza too. Got Redd unlocked today. I think I prefer it when he comes to the island as he has four choices whereas at Harv’s he only has two. Both were fakes so I didn’t bother.

I’m now working to unlock Leif, as he actually has more variety than when he visits the island. I actually meant to unlock him first but I can never remember which Lloyd raises money for which NPC.

I think the joy-con drift is getting worse.

Been working on the DLC too, and I’ve currently done eighteen homes and three facilities.

Decided to take a break and go back to Asterix and Obelix. Still on the part where I have to slide down the hill collecting helmets as I go. Don’t remember it being this difficult in the past. I’ve come close twice maybe three times but still no luck. You can pick up multipliers as you go down but it’s making sure you do so that’s tricky as you also have to avoid moving obstacles.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Mar 14, 2023 7:03 am
Mikodesu wrote: Mar 13, 2023 6:23 pmSnip
While I'm not too well versed in which weapon is good overall, the sword is fantastic on Alhaitham (especially if you don't have his signature weapon). I have the rest of them made, but I just slapped them on 4*s I'm ignoring because everyone else is more or less set weaponwise, for now.
Huh. Sapwood Blade looks interesting for the mix of EM and ER. I've got Iron Sting on Alhaitham right now, since Kazuha is on fav sword. Maybe when I get a couple more billets, I'll try it out! Definitely looks prettier on him than Iron Sting, though Iron Sting is better than the ghost event sword...

The only other mention I've seen of craftables is that the spear is supposed to be pretty decent on Yaoyao. Not really better than a fav lance, but it clears up a fav lance for somebody else that way.

Hope playing with coworkers was fun! :)

--
And in other Genshin news, I started the chess piece quest tonight! Got all the chess pieces on the Dirge of Bilqis questline, and found where to plop them on the Falcon questline, though I looked up about half of the activation keys. Definitely tells me that the smart plan is to just dive right into quests, since they unlock so much of the map. Not 100% sold on that for an exploration method cause I prefer to clean out whole areas bit by bit, but. Good to know.

Sitting right around 80% exploration, but the rest of my week is swamped. This week or next for SURE. :lol:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: Mar 15, 2023 9:03 pmHope playing with coworkers was fun! :)
W h e e z e. I think I accidentally turned the newbie into a whale. He wanted Qiqi. He spend money until he got her. Two days ago he spent 200 bucks and came out with Dehya and Diluc + a crapton of 4*. Last night he sends me a pic of him getting Qiqi. I know he does have the money to be doing this, but still, I'm going to look on him with concern when I see him at work today. The only other characters he actively wants is Childe and Shogun, so hopefully he's done for awhile.

Nothing too much to report Genshin-wise. Found a Seelie in Mondstadt after being 100% sure I'd got all of them (it was hidden in a tree!), Got Alhaitham's last friendship line in the teapot (dude is insufferable in the most hilarious way), and ascended Xiao to level 80. Whee.

Onto Live A Live, I finished three chapters yesterday; Prehistory, Imperial China, and Edo. Prehistory was fine if not a tad bit grindy, Imperial China was very fun and had a good payoff, and I didn't like Edo all that much. Edo has far too may variables that are great for completionists, but not so much me who just wanted it to be over with. I tried to do a no kill run, but was forced to kill 11 people due to me picking up one party member too soon and the other too late. Like ??? I get this is a remake of an old SNES game, but the experimental nature of this chapter was just not fun overall. Anyways, just the Present Day and Near Future chapters left, and I went with the latter and got started with it. Probably play more next week if I'm being completely honest. My next day off is Sunday and they're usually pretty busy until the afternoon, so not a ton of time to binge anything. I know there's more after completing all the chapters, but regardless, I should be able to finish Live A Live next week and then I'll start on Xenoblade 3.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Darn it...Harvestella is on sale today. (Two weeks remaining, though!) It's a decent sale; nothing to leap at, but not bad: -30%. HRM. I go through phases with it. Sometimes I REALLY want it...but then it fades back to not caring about it at all. I'm in an indifferent phase. Not sure how much better of a sale it's likely to go on this year. Squeenix does tend to do very good sales but it's still a game released only 4 months ago, so the really good sales aren't likely to start happening until at least holiday season 2023.

Well, I was going through my Switch library and updating all my games (turns out 11 of them needed an update!) and the Harvestella demo had one. I'll replay it and see if it makes me want the game more. I have until March 30th to decide so it'd be April's expense if I got it. It's also on sale on Steam, same deal. It's 'playable' on Steam Deck. Guess I have that to consider, too. I have slightly more fun playing on Switch, but Steam makes it very easy to share games with my sister; easier than Switch does.

Finished Moonbrooke in PS4 DQB2. Got a bunch more things in Dew Web. I've started to think of ACNH as simply a game of long, slow collection. Collect all the bugs, fish, fossils, critters. Art. DIYs. Recipes. Customizations. It feels comfortable just forgetting abotu the game whenever I want if I think of it that way, for some reason. And as a bonus it simply happens to have a nice bit of self-expression/creativity...but they're optional. I've also changed my mind about several of my modified 'hardcore' rules. Hardcore just isn't fun, though I like a few of the procedures, especially early on. But my town VERY MUCH needs Ankha, Tangy and Coco. They're perfect for this desert island with native oranges and loads of coconuts. (I hate coconut but I like Coco!) Not gonna do it right away, and I did let all my 10 spots fill naturally, but eventually I'll use amiibo cards to bring those gals in.

I have 13 demos on my Switch, and I still need to play 11 of them. They're good for when you want something new but are not yet ready to commit to an entire game, especially since the games I buy tend to be on the lengthy side. I almost never play games that are under 30 hours, and most of them are probably 50+, with all my favourites being games that I've put hundreds of hours into. I think that's my favourite thing in gaming...worlds and gameplay that you can just keep going back to for as long as possible. I can't offhand think of any short games I've ever loved. Liked, sometimes, but never loved. I need quite a bit of time to bond, I guess!

But it makes it a bit intimidating to start anything new, so having some demos lined up is nice when I want a break from replays and games that have no end, like Farm Together or ACNH. Oh, and I made a new folder. Technically, including demos, I have 48 games that aren't entirely finished. (Though as many as a dozen are ones I probably have no interest at all in doing anything with, like multiplayer game Among Us. If you take demos out and any game I completely abandoned, then it's under 30...but that's still a lot! Just as well I'm restricting new purchases this year. Definitely have to do it again next year...with tighter restrictions, perhaps.)

EDIT: Whoa, half of my Steam wishlist is on sale right now, and a bunch of it on BIG sales. FFVII Intergrade is 43% off. No Place Like Home is 40% off. Eastshade is 50% off. NieR is 50% off. Astroneer -55%. Planet Zoo -75%! Dagnabbit. Some of those games I really want. I can get ONE of them. Better check how long I have to decide...

EDIT 2: Ah, I see. Spring Sale! Which means that there'll be a similar one in about three more months...the Summer Sale. So it's a question of if I really want any of those games NOW and don't want to wait 3-4 months for them.
Last edited by Kikki on Mar 16, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Roinda

Post  Posted:

Unlocked Leif finally, now I can’t decide between Reece and Cyrus or Katrina.

Haven’t done a lot of terraforming, just got rid of part of a river and a few cliff sides and edges. Got a second bridge and one incline, not entirely sure what I’m going to do next but I’ve got a few ideas.

Worked on more vacation houses, now up to 24, and got the fourth facility, the hospital, unlocked and designed.

Played some more Asterix and Obelix, it was only last night after I’d finished playing that I realized that I didn’t need to collect all those helmets in order to progress, I could do so regardless. Ugh, shows how long it’s been since I played it the first time round.

Now that’s interesting. Decided to time travel to the next day so Leif would be properly unlocked, and would you believe he was actually on my island? Went to Harv’s anyway as I wanted to start unlocking Reece and Cyrus. Leif wasn’t there, (obviously) but there was a caravan where his spot is.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Switch folders for the win! I made two new ones this evening. Untested and Tentatively Abandoned. It's not as bad as I thought! When I took out all the 'tentatively abandoned' games that I've already tried and didn't like (but may not have tried for long enough or have gotten updates that would fix some of my major issues), the games I definitely need to try shrank a LOT. I had 49, including demos. After sorting, I had only 24 in the folder of ones I definitely have to try, and 7 of those are just demos, so it's really 17 games. Still a lot, but nowhere near as bad as 49 games!

Also my sister was very happy to hear that Planet Crafter is on the Spring Sale on Steam. She's going to buy it this weekend. :) (I will probably try it, too, though maybe not right away since it's still in early access.)

Can you not go to islands with vines and/or glowing moss unless you have the DLC in ACNH? I haven't gotten one yet! I've gotten all ordinary islands, except they have bushes and gyroids, and one had tomatoes. But no vines or moss such as you can get on the archipelago.

EDIT: The Cereza game is so, sooooo pretty! So pretty I don't even care about anything else, lol.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Mar 16, 2023 6:59 amW h e e z e. I think I accidentally turned the newbie into a whale. He wanted Qiqi. He spend money until he got her. Two days ago he spent 200 bucks and came out with Dehya and Diluc + a crapton of 4*. Last night he sends me a pic of him getting Qiqi. I know he does have the money to be doing this, but still, I'm going to look on him with concern when I see him at work today. The only other characters he actively wants is Childe and Shogun, so hopefully he's done for awhile.
Oh « Harvest Goddess », Qiqi wanter. :lol: Poor kid. Hopefully he's happy with the characters he wants. At least there's a bunch of good 4 stars to help fill out teams/make them better. And worst case he has nice coworkers to help if he gets really stuck.

Reminds me... apparently Dehya's claymore is a buff for Diluc if you ever feel like playing him. Should be a buff for Xinyan too, now that I think of it?

--
Got my Abyss out of the way tonight... I hate having it sitting over my head. Floors 9 and 10 were such a joke I decided to try 11, and got my « Cow Poopoo » so thoroughly kicked I left before floor 12. Xiangling hard carried. Easily as good as my best hyperbloom team. Reminds me I need to level up her talents... she's no higher level than any of my other characters, but her talents are still 7's, and she just nukes early Abyss floors.

Probably doesn't help that 11 and 12 are designed around Dehya... big no thanks.

I also may have hit the 'time to start following the map' point in exploring upper desert. Kinda expected more in puzzles from the climactic underground area. Really pretty, and really weird to see the devs just throw that idea away so quickly. Maybe it'll come back in some form in the future?