Who will you be planning on marrying in SOS:AWL?

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.

Who will you marry in SOS:AWL?

You may select 1 option

View results

Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I know I'll end up marrying them all anyways, but I think I'll maybe go for Lumina first when the English version releases? I always found it so cute how she had a mini crush on the boy main character in the original, but you couldn't marry her unless you played the Special Edition. Even then it felt wrong, because wasn't she only 16-18 years old, and your character was 25 according to the instruction booklet?

I'm sooo curious to see what every candidate looks in the later chapters. I think we've already seen "old" Cecelia in trailers, and she barely looks aged. I gotta know if Gustafa and Gordy/Cody are still immortal vampires, like in the original.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Feb 01, 2023 12:36 pm I know I'll end up marrying them all anyways, but I think I'll maybe go for Lumina first when the English version releases? I always found it so cute how she had a mini crush on the boy main character in the original, but you couldn't marry her unless you played the Special Edition. Even then it felt wrong, because wasn't she only 16-18 years old, and your character was 25 according to the instruction booklet?
Yeahhh, I think in her proposal event the MC had to ask Romana for permission to marry her.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Feb 01, 2023 2:16 pm
Anna_Lynn wrote: Feb 01, 2023 12:36 pm I know I'll end up marrying them all anyways, but I think I'll maybe go for Lumina first when the English version releases? I always found it so cute how she had a mini crush on the boy main character in the original, but you couldn't marry her unless you played the Special Edition. Even then it felt wrong, because wasn't she only 16-18 years old, and your character was 25 according to the instruction booklet?
Yeahhh, I think in her proposal event the MC had to ask Romana for permission to marry her.
Aww that’s actually cute. I might just play as a guy for this reason ❤️

Yes I know there’s SSM but that’s not me lol
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Usually I have some idea of who I want to marry before playing but A(n)WL has always had me conflicted. Gordy is new and I remember finding Cody really sweet, so I'm leaning towards him, but Matthew also interests me. I'll probably marry a man, since I never got a chance to play A(n)WL, but I'm going to feel pretty bad about leaving all my past wives single :( Especially Muffy.

I do want to try out the non-binary option though, since it's such a cool new inclusion. I'll be playing as a guy the first time around, but at least I know for sure I'm going to go back a second time, so whoever I feel the most guilty about not marrying will get their turn.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Haven't decided it yet... my choices are heavily based on how I see the characters dialogues and actions, but for now, I'm between Gustafa and Matthew. If I played as a boy, I'd go for Nami.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Probably Gustafa or Gordy first time around. Second time around I may wait and see if they add DLC candidates again.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Feb 02, 2023 9:34 am Probably Gustafa or Gordy first time around. Second time around I may wait and see if they add DLC candidates again.
You think they will? If they do my guess would be Skye because he was in DS cute or somebody from FoMT sunshine islands. Because they already did ANB SoS and Trio.

If we do get DLC, it’d be somebody from the older games. Some of those games are connected anyway they may as well
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They might, but there's no guarantee. I don't recall how well the PoOT DLC did, but it was overall not super well received due to how shallow it ended up being. And of the original DS duology bachelor/ettes are fair game, which includes the Mineral Town marriageable cast. Personally, I want Griffin back, but I wouldn't say no to the Mineral Town boys either.
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'd love if Griffin, Leia and Flora were dlc. Griffin was my ds cute husband, and I just miss magical people to marry again lol. Plus I'm lazy to do a run of HMDS so if Leia and Flora were in via dlc.. take my money :D if they did sunshine island people that would be really cool as well. Would love to see the characters in the pretty sosawl art style. Mentioning skye reminds me
Spoiler:
how I was planning on marrying him in cute since everyone told me oh go for skye! and... i got him to red heart, had everything but then it just like hit me that I really really wasn't vibing with him at all? I also tend to not really go for characters who are super popular from what I see so I think that also factored why I wasn't vibing with him? Like I don't hate Skye, but gosh Griffin was just such a sweet loving husband and father and I love my lil baby Rosa with him and sdhuhsufdhs ok I really love Griffin, he means a lot to me.
end of ramble >.</
AloneInTheDark
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I agree that Skye seems like the most likely character to bring back! I personally wasn't a big fan of him, but he certainly had the popularity and the design going for him? Cody, Gustafa and Marlin got pretty boy redesigns, so the less traditionally attractive characters seem less likely to me, which is a shame...

Also, it always felt like the Harvest Goddess and the Witch Princess were meant to show up in the original AWL but were cut due to time constraints, so it'd be neat if they got the chance now. I'd take DLC for anyone honestly, I'm kinda fond of everyone at this point haha.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Feb 02, 2023 10:22 am
Shan O 123 wrote: Feb 02, 2023 10:16 am
Bluie wrote: Feb 02, 2023 9:34 am Probably Gustafa or Gordy first time around. Second time around I may wait and see if they add DLC candidates again.
You think they will? If they do my guess would be Skye because he was in DS cute or somebody from FoMT sunshine islands. Because they already did ANB SoS and Trio.

If we do get DLC, it’d be somebody from the older games. Some of those games are connected anyway they may as well
They might, but there's no guarantee. I don't recall how well the PoOT DLC did, but it was overall not super well received due to how shallow it ended up being. And of the original DS duology bachelor/ettes are fair game, which includes the Mineral Town marriageable cast. Personally, I want Griffin back, but I wouldn't say no to the Mineral Town boys either.
It’s still a requirement to get married by the end of the first year, right? Considering this, I feel like this would narrow down a lot of possible characters. If the Mineral Town guys and gals end up being DLC, would the same “visitor system” from HMDS be used? I mean, I think it would be hard to woo one of them in less than 40 days unless they’re the only marriage candidate whom you raise friendship/affection with. Maybe we could see one or two Mineral Town people, but that’d be a hard decision to make.

I could see Flora, Carter, Griffin, Leia, and maybe even the Hatvest Goddess and Witch Princess being dlc if their marriage requirements aren’t insanely difficult.
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yup, once winter 10th is over on the first year, you have to get married. If you haven't proposed to anyone yet, there's a chance that Takakura will mention someone is outside/looking for you/not sure what he properly says and you can pick from the pool of characters who have some affection for you? If you don't have anyone at this point, your default options are Rock or Celia just like the og awl/anwl! if you refuse well... game over and you leave. I could be wrong with stuff because I'm heavily exhausted right now and typing words is painful.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I mean they could just plump them down on a island like PoOT lol
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Feb 02, 2023 11:53 am
Bluie wrote: Feb 02, 2023 10:22 am
Shan O 123 wrote: Feb 02, 2023 10:16 am

It’s still a requirement to get married by the end of the first year, right? Considering this, I feel like this would narrow down a lot of possible characters. If the Mineral Town guys and gals end up being DLC, would the same “visitor system” from HMDS be used? I mean, I think it would be hard to woo one of them in less than 40 days unless they’re the only marriage candidate whom you raise friendship/affection with. Maybe we could see one or two Mineral Town people, but that’d be a hard decision to make.

I could see Flora, Carter, Griffin, Leia, and maybe even the Hatvest Goddess and Witch Princess being dlc if their marriage requirements aren’t insanely difficult.
Now if sales for this game are really good and the developers do decide to implement DLC of some kind, maybe for a challenge the characters would visit on the 1st, 4th, 6th, and 10th of each month, since Van's known for coming by on the 3rd and 8th anyway? Just a fun thing to hypothetically think about. I would love to see a magical marriage candidate DLC that includes Skye and Witch Princess; her niece Witchie has been in two 3DS Story of Seasons games, so that would be one hell of a callback for the longterm fans, and Skye would just give me a reason to actually roam around the valley at night. Plus with character customization, it's not like their hair and eye colors aren't already in the code. Adding Witch Princess would have another candidate with an actual blonde child (RIP Rock) and red eyes already exist for character customization. Same with silver hair and purple eyes for Skye, so I doubt it would be difficult to implement it into the children.

Leia would definitely be an interesting choice for DLC. I wonder if she were to ever be added in, if the developers would go the "Pia from RF3" route, where they simply give her human legs when not in water. The thought of her being banished to a duck pond is so sad, especially with the pond being 4x more expensive to build in the remake. But Daryl's trap door does exist, and if you interact with it, a textbook saying "...It looks like a door. Is it also a secret room...?" pops up. To be fair, that trap door has always existed, both in the original and DS successor, but after playing HMDS, us the fans know what's really in Daryl's basement, lol. Such a tease.
Shan O 123 wrote: Feb 02, 2023 12:08 pm I mean they could just plump them down on a island like PoOT lol
Omg funny you should mention that, I remember in the DS version there was this canoe at the beach that you could ride to a private island. Granted there was nothing but a vacation house on that island, but still the thought of all the Mineral Town people hanging out on a small island is funny to me. :lol:
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm kind of doubtful they'll do DLC for this since afaik they didn't for the FoMT remake - plus the emphasis this game has on marriage and family means it'd be a much bigger job than with PoOT. If they did, Carter and Flora would be the most obvious choices and would honestly be really fun. I'd love for Skye and maybe the Witch Princess to be secret candidates you can only meet by walking around at night or something like that, though.

I'd also love if they did some kind of Mineral Town connectivity for people that have both games...