SOS: AWL Children Designs

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm a little sad that Muffy's son doesn't have his checkered hoodie. But he's still pretty cute.

I wonder if Marlin's teen daughter always looks angry :0

I'm not sure which child I like the best yet. I really like Lumina's daughter, but I wish her adult outfit had some orange. She looks good in orange haha.
Ducky22
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Princess-of-Dragons wrote: Feb 02, 2023 9:46 am
Redcakeycake wrote: Feb 02, 2023 5:18 am Todays morning scour net me teen nami daughter and rocks adult son. Rip the blond hair, looks like it’s just a teen phase :’) with that, rocks son is complete, but if I can find better photos of these two, it’ll be great since they aren’t really the best- also I did this on mobile so I hoped it worked?
NOOOOOO! BABY YOU CAN STILL DYE YOUR HAIR! I LOVE IT DYED!
Well that's a bummer, I really liked the brown and blonde color combination. But alas, it is what it is.

OMG I love that rock's son goes through a hair dying phase (though I do wish it was blonde like in the OG).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Someone posted a picture of Muffy/Molly's teenage daughter, but it's a super distant shot. It still gives you a decent look at her clothes/face if you zoom in, though!

https://imgur.com/a/YcPVyEX

Hopefully a better quality one will show up soon.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I couldn't find anything NEW new this morning, but someone posted a better quality picture of Gustafa's toddler son!

https://imgur.com/a/VYVtlJY
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Guest wrote: Feb 05, 2023 8:09 am I couldn't find anything NEW new this morning, but someone posted a better quality picture of Gustafa's toddler son!

https://imgur.com/a/VYVtlJY
Sorry, I should really make an account so I can edit. :shock: I meant child son!
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Added the photos and swapped marlins teen daughter and teen son photos for more better quality ones. Not sure why she's always so angry, since the son doesn't seem to look angry ever. It's so weird. Is marlin's teen daugher like... a polar opposite of his son? I'm so curious now!
Sorry for my later post, sat/sun are my busy days where I do chores and help my mom out with getting food, so I appreciate the help a lot <3
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

We've officially gotten all toddler and child sons and daughters done now :D yesss!!! Lumina's son is so cute :D
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Redcakeycake wrote: Feb 05, 2023 2:50 pm We've officially gotten all toddler and child sons and daughters done now :D yesss!!! Lumina's son is so cute :D
Now for every possible skintone! :lol:
Jk jk, that would probably take months to do. But I am kinda curious what certain candidates children would look like with lighter/darker skintones. I know there was that one picture of a tan toddler of Molly's floating around. I bet when the game makes it to the West, there will be more variety in children as people post pictures online.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yay!!! We're getting there!

It would be amazing to see all the skin tones. I'm also really curious about their personalities, but that will probably have to wait until the Western release
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

If you go back on the main post I have the toddler phase with a farmer with the darkest skintone. But for each? not so much. I have a few photos scattered here and there with children who have a darker skinned farmer/tan farmer.
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

the thing is its really hard to tell the difference for some kids/skintones, like this is one of the tan tones (or is it a lighter one? im not sure), but you can see there's some difference in the skintones compared to the other lumina kids i've posted here
Spoiler:
AloneInTheDark
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thank you once again for your work, Redcakeycake! Honestly, I always thought the kid raising system even in the original AWL was kind of ambitious? So many branching routes available for their interests and possible careers at the end, and though I'm sure it's not gonna be a thing for the remake because this time one of the options is a full time love interest, your kid having a different crush depending on their interests and personality was also really cool. Basically I think all these years later it still feels just as cool as it did back then, just even better, the perks of a remake and all that!
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

AloneInTheDark wrote: Feb 05, 2023 4:15 pm Thank you once again for your work, Redcakeycake! Honestly, I always thought the kid raising system even in the original AWL was kind of ambitious? So many branching routes available for their interests and possible careers at the end, and though I'm sure it's not gonna be a thing for the remake because this time one of the options is a full time love interest, your kid having a different crush depending on their interests and personality was also really cool. Basically I think all these years later it still feels just as cool as it did back then, just even better, the perks of a remake and all that!
I liked the careers in the original AWL/AnWL, but I didn’t like how your child’s career partly depended on who you were friends with. I couldn’t befriend Wally for example, because I didn’t want the athletic career boost that came with being his friend for your child. Did this remake get rid of the careers or something? :o I would love to befriend everyone in the valley this time around.
Redcakeycake
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

The careers are still around, and your child will have interests/strengths based on the spouse you pick. I'm not sure if the system is changed/tweaked though, or if it's still similar to the og game
AloneInTheDark
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Pretty sure they're still a thing! And that the process of increasing your kid's interest in certain things is the same too like, what you answer to their questions, taking them places, showing them things and befriending the characters related to said interest. What I'm not sure is still a thing for the remake is your son having a crush on Lumina! The love consultation event in the original involved your son liking either her or Kate, I may have worded my original post oddly haha, my bad.