Has anyone tried to get Perfection in Stardew?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

For those who don't know, "Perfection" is essentially the 100% completion challenge of Stardew Valley, which is much, much harder and longer than the standard Community Center route. You have to grow every crop, cook every dish, craft every item, get to maximum hearts with every NPC, and find all the hidden collectables, amongst other tasks. There's a lot of hidden complexity in that too, in that some crafting or cooking recipes are only unlocked after you complete specific combat challenges, which are very tough. To finish all that, you'll also need roughly 14 million gold, which involves a lot of min-maxing.

Anyway, I'm trying for Perfection on my current save file, which is at somewhere around 90 hours right now. I've nearly shipped everything I need, and I'm just waiting on a few seasonal fish to complete the cooking. I'm still nowhere close to hitting that money goal, though. The best way to make lots of money in Stardew is to build hundreds of kegs to turn your crops into wine. But to actually build the kegs, you need to farm wood and oak resin at pretty incredible scales. For that, you need lots of ore. And so on.

Has anyone else here tried this challenge? Or a similar one in another game? It's interesting what happens when you throw away the calmness of games like this to try and track down every single item, no matter how rare or expensive. It's a very different type of gaming experience.

By the way, if you're interested, Wand of Sparking has a great two-year (!) Perfection run here.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol that seems hard to me. It’s not my thing.

However I was doing animal crossing hard mode until I lost that switch
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I don't know all of the requirements of the Perfection challenge but I suspect I've gotten pretty close. I have almost all the achievements, only missing the Legend of the Prairie King ones, the Joja route one, and the "Legend" achievement for making a lot of money. So I have finished the shipping list, the fishing list, the monster slaying goals, the museum collection, reached maximum friendship with everyone, cooked all the recipes, crafted all the items, and gotten to level 10 in every skill. Of those the museum collection was probably the only one that was actually frustrating for me, since it's based on luck and you can't influence it any way. I think it took me maybe around 160-180 hours to complete all of those? Can't say for sure since I've played multiplayer files since and my game time now includes that. (I also did this all before some of the latest updates so they've possibly gotten a bit harder with the addition of more items.)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I've never heard a 100% completion run called "Perfection" before. Though I guess with something open ended like Stardew it could be a special challenge. When Stardew first came out I got pretty close to completing the game. I enjoyed the game a lot and it was in the midst of a farming game drought.

I can't imagine what a perfection run would look like with all the content updates, making all the clothing, doing the new mine. That's probably too much for me. I'd still like to go back and do another Stardew playthrough at some point, for nostalgia. The banner still pops up in my Steam news feed when I start it up, apparently February was the 7th anniversary of the game, which is pretty awesome.

100% speedrunners are brave people. I tend to avoid watching them unless it's a GDQ thing though...since those runs are pretty fast no matter what you're looking at.
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: Mar 24, 2023 3:53 pm I can't imagine what a perfection run would look like with all the content updates, making all the clothing, doing the new mine.
You don't have to make any clothing, thankfully. I actually haven't made a single one. That'd add a whole extra level of pain.
BerryBea

Post  Posted:

I have somewhere over 700 hours in Stardew across a ton of different saves, and I've only gone for perfection once. It took me until early fall of year 4. (I usually stop part way into year 2, or early in year 3.) My perfection file hit 130 hours. I stopped playing pretty much the day after I finally hit perfection, but the special ending cutscene was really lovely and I'm glad I played to point of seeing it. In my file, I finished nearly everything several months before the end. The last thing I had to do was just to grind for money for the gold clock for a while, so that got a bit dull. I don't think I'll do another perfection run, because most of the fun for me is in the earlier game, but I'm glad I did it once.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote: Mar 24, 2023 3:07 pm I don't know all of the requirements of the Perfection challenge but I suspect I've gotten pretty close. I have almost all the achievements, only missing the Legend of the Prairie King ones, the Joja route one, and the "Legend" achievement for making a lot of money. So I have finished the shipping list, the fishing list, the monster slaying goals, the museum collection, reached maximum friendship with everyone, cooked all the recipes, crafted all the items, and gotten to level 10 in every skill. Of those the museum collection was probably the only one that was actually frustrating for me, since it's based on luck and you can't influence it any way. I think it took me maybe around 160-180 hours to complete all of those? Can't say for sure since I've played multiplayer files since and my game time now includes that. (I also did this all before some of the latest updates so they've possibly gotten a bit harder with the addition of more items.)
Same. I completed everything in the game except the Legend of the Prairie King challenges and the Joja route. But it was at launch, so none of the updates and additional content had been added. This is probably much harder now, but I think it took me... 140 hours to get everything at the time? I always meant to do it again, but I haven't been back since.
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Well, I did it.

Fall 18, Year 4. Perfection. Every crafted item, every cooked dish, every monster slayer goal, every golden walnut, full friendship with every character... not to mention 17 million gold.

Just one problem: the mod I use to zoom out the screen more than is usually allowed resulted in the endgame cutscene looking like... this. :shifty:

Oh well.