The final day of the 3DS/WiiU eshop

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.

Will you do any panic last minute purchases?

You may select 1 option

View results

Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I figured it was good to commemorate the final day by listing all the Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons available in these two digital shops. Some of these games are rare, and might even go down with the ship, so to speak, judging the current trends, and others have DLC which will be lost.

For WiiU, we have…
  • Harvest Moon (SNES)
  • Harvest Moon 64 (N64)
  • Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)
  • Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)
Then for 3DS…
  • Harvest Moon (GBC)
  • Harvest Moon 2 (GBC)
  • Harvest Moon 3 (GBC)
  • Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns (the one that doesn’t crash every three minutes)
  • Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
  • Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley (Has DLC)
  • Story of Seasons
  • Harvest Moon: Skytree Village (Has DLC)
  • Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Has DLC)
Honorary mentions go to Legend Of The River King 1 and 2, which are on the 3DS eShop.

Did I miss any? I think these are all.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

There was one I had always wanted to buy called Harvest Moon: My Little Shop (I think?) and it had you running your own shop with returning characters from other games in the bokumono series being customers, but I can’t find it on the eshop. I’m not sure if it was for a different system or what and now I’m wondering if it was a fever dream or a Japan-release only. :lol: Other than that, I think I’m all good.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

StormFire wrote: Mar 26, 2023 11:49 am There was one I had always wanted to buy called Harvest Moon: My Little Shop (I think?) and it had you running your own shop with returning characters from other games in the bokumono series being customers, but I can’t find it on the eshop. I’m not sure if it was for a different system or what and now I’m wondering if it was a fever dream or a Japan-release only. :lol: Other than that, I think I’m all good.
Ah that one was for the Wii! Unfortunately that shop closed many years ago.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote: Mar 26, 2023 11:51 am
StormFire wrote: Mar 26, 2023 11:49 am There was one I had always wanted to buy called Harvest Moon: My Little Shop (I think?) and it had you running your own shop with returning characters from other games in the bokumono series being customers, but I can’t find it on the eshop. I’m not sure if it was for a different system or what and now I’m wondering if it was a fever dream or a Japan-release only. :lol: Other than that, I think I’m all good.
Ah that one was for the Wii! Unfortunately that shop closed many years ago.

Thank you, Getaris! I guess I misunderstood. I thought it would be both Wii and Wii U eshop games. I never got to play it growing up, and it looked really cute!
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

StormFire wrote: Mar 26, 2023 11:56 am Thank you, Getaris! I guess I misunderstood. I thought it would be both Wii and Wii U eshop games. I never got to play it growing up, and it looked really cute!
I wish I had bought that one too when it was still available.

It is unfortunate that they didn’t introduce the WiiWare games into the WiiU eShop, like they did with DSiWare and the 3DS eShop.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It happened, the 3DS/WiiU eShop has entered end of service mode just now. :(
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Ah…wow. I’ve had my 3DS for ten years now. Over that span of ten years, I’ve bought a few games from the eShop, namely Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, the Ace Attorney trilogy, and Story of Seasons. Tis a sad day to be a gamer.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Truly the end of an era. 3DS easily had a lot of unforgettable games in its catalog. I really liked 3DS as a handheld, just holding it feels so good itself.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Every month since the announcement happened, I added money to my Nintendo wallet exclusively for the 3DS eshop. So almost all of my gaming money of the last year was spent there.

I even bought some silly guilty pleasure stuff like one of the MyNotebook apps, and the Animal Crossing Calculator.

I did my best to buy my favorite games and most of the games I had on my wish list before the eshop closed down, so I can say my 2DS still has a long life ahead of it.

Still, I’ll miss window shopping and looking at the sales, it became a routine.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Funny enough I just got a new 3DS when the shop closed. Rip Trio DLC.

I lost everything during my move so looks like I’m game hunting.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote: Mar 29, 2023 8:50 am Funny enough I just got a new 3DS when the shop closed. Rip Trio DLC.

Ooh sorry to hear that!

If you had a 3DS with purchased digital content before and it was lost, I’d recommend contacting Nintendo and asking them to move your old account to the new 3DS. They’ll ask some questions, but they’ll help you.

The shop is closed to new purchases, but anything you had already bought is still there ready to be downloaded.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’ll doubt I remember my old information but thanks. Besides the only thing I care about on that thing was the trio DLC. It’s okay though
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote: Mar 29, 2023 8:50 am Funny enough I just got a new 3DS when the shop closed. Rip Trio DLC.

Awww sorry Shan :( if you want game recommendations I have them :>
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I snagged my last couple games (Birds and Beans, Mighty Flip Champs/Milky Way) last week, and waited until the 26th to finish grabbing DLC. I wound up getting all the PQ/Q2 DLC, after deciding against some of it a few months ago. Did not wind up buying the DLC quests for Etrian Odyssey Nexus, but I regret it terribly.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

simside wrote: Mar 31, 2023 7:22 pm I snagged my last couple games (Birds and Beans, Mighty Flip Champs/Milky Way) last week, and waited until the 26th to finish grabbing DLC. I wound up getting all the PQ/Q2 DLC, after deciding against some of it a few months ago. Did not wind up buying the DLC quests for Etrian Odyssey Nexus, but I regret it terribly.

For all the Etrians (Qs included) I made sure to obtain all the exp and money boosters where available 😅, though not much else. I figure they have plenty content without the extra bosses.

Actually, my very last final purchase, literal minutes before it all went down, was for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: I used the last bit of leftover money to purchase the Highlander character class.

My last set of actual game purchases was also DSiWare. I got 3D Mahjong, True Swing Golf Express, and Aura Aura Climber.

Hm I wonder why they never released any Harvest Moon-themed DSiWare… The DS puzzle game would have been a perfect fit!