Story mode is available in single player mode. In story mode, you play as one
of 12 Harvest Moon characters as he or she tries to discover why Sunny Island is
being overwhelmed by crops. As soon as you pick them, they seem to grow back!
When you first start story mode, you can choose to play as Mark or Chelsea. As
you play through each person's side of the story, you'll unlock more characters
and their own side of the story.
Each story mode has about 7 rounds of play with cut scenes in between each round.
The puzzle matches will either be Team Score, Team Crops, Score, or Survival. Sometimes
you'll be playing against the other characters, and othertimes you will work
together to finish the goal of the round. You can't skip the story outline that
plays before each match.
Playing through story mode once will unlock mission mode.
This story deals with Mark looking around the island for the Witch Princess and
Harvest Goddess, so that he may ask the two ladies why the crops are growing wild.
- Match 1: Ranch field. Meet the Team Score of 5000 points within 3 minutes with Chelsea
- Match 2: Town field. Pick 10 Eggplant, 10 Tomato, and 10 Corn with Natalie within 5 minutes
- Match 3: H. Goddess Pond field. Versus match against Pierre. First one to reach 70,000 points is the winner
- Match 4: Forest field. Team Score with Julia and Sabrina's help. Get 25,000 points in 5 minutes
- Match 5: Ranch field. Pick 30 Potato, 40 Eggplant, and 30 Cabbage with Natalie and Shea. Time limit is 10 minutes
- Match 6: Beach field. Score match with infinite time time limit. Mark and Natalie versus Lanna and Denny. The first team to 16,000 points is the winner
- Match 7: H. Goddess Pond field. Survival mode with Mark and Natalie against the Witch Princess.
Chelsea runs around the island, gathering vegetables to help Wada repair the tower. They hope
their efforts will stop the crops from growing.
- Match 1: Ranch field. Pick 4 Potato, 4 Cabbage, and 4 Corn with Mark in under 3 minutes
- Match 2: Jungle field. Team up with Shea to get a Team Score of 5000 points in 2 minutes
- Match 3: Town field. Pick 10 Potato, 15 Eggplant, and 10 Tomato in 5 minutes with Vaughn's help
- Match 4: Meadow field. Pick 20 Eggplant, 20 Tomato, and 20 Cabbage with Denny within 10 minutes
- Match 5: Town field. Survival mode against Julia, Elliot, and Natalie
- Match 6: Regis' Mansion field. Meet the Team Score requirement of 27,000 points in 5 minutes with Pierre and Sabrina
- March 7: Jungle field. Earn 38,000 points in 10 minutes (Team Score) with Shea and Vaughn
The day starts out as norma until the crops start sprouting uncontrollably! Natalie and Mark
partner together, and then split up, to find clues to learn what is going on.
- Match 1: Town field. Pick 6 Potato, 6 Tomato, and 6 Cabbage in 3 minutes with Mark
- Match 2: Meadow field. Survival match against Elliot
- Match 3: Jungle field. Pick 10 Eggplant, 15 Cabbage, and 10 Corn with Pierre in 5 minutes
- Match 4: Town field. Earn 15,000 points before Julia, Elliot, or Chelsea does. There is no time limit.
- Match 5: Ranch field. Together with Mark and Shea, earn 14,000 points in 3 minutes
- Match 6: Beach field. Team Score with Natalie and Mark versus Lanna and Denny. The first team to reach 25,000 points wins
- Match 7: H. Goddess Pond field. Survival Match against the Witch Princess.
The Harvest Goddess wants to fix the tower, so she asks Wada to collect a lot of vegetables. He gives the tasks to Shea, who must run around the island collecting the crops for his adopted father.
- Match 1: Jungle field. Get a score of 4000 points in 2 minutes without any help
- Match 2: Jungle field. Pick 15 Potato, 10 Eggplant, and 15 corn with Chelsea in 5 minutes
- Match 3: Mountain field. Team score with Julia. Get 13,000 points in 3 minutes
- Match 4: Ranch field. Pick 8 Eggplant, 8 Tomato, and 8 Cabbage in 3 minutes with the Witch Princess' help
- Match 5: Ranch field. Another team crop match. Pick 15 Potato, 25 Cabbage, and 15 Corn with Natalie and Mark in 5 minutes
- Match 6: Jungle field. Score battle with Vaughn. Be the first to score 15,000 points
- Match 7: Jungle field. Get a score of 63,000 points in 10 minutes with Vaughn and Chelsea
Really just trying to mind his own business, Vaughn ends up agreeing to help Chelsea collect crops
so that Wada can fix the tower.
- Match 1: Beach field. Team Score with Denny and Lanna. Try to get 22,000 points in 2 minutes
- Match 2: Mountain field. Another Team Score match, but this time with Sabrina for 5 minutes and a score of 60,000
- Match 3: Town field. Team up with Chelsea to collect 8 Potato, 8 Tomato, and 8 Cabbage in 3 minutes
- Match 4: Town field. Battle with Lanna in Survival Mode
- Match 5: H. Goddess Pond field. Pick 10 Eggplant, 10 Tomato, and 10 Corn in 3 minutes with Julia
- Match 6: Jungle field. Have a 25,000 point Score match with Shea
- Match 7: Jungle field. Team Score with Shea and Chelsea. Get 100,000 points in 5 minutes
Julia and Elliot meet up with the Witch Princess, who assigns them to find shining vegetables so she can fix the wild crops.
- Match 1: Forest field. Earn 135,000 points in 5 minutes with Elliot and Witch Princess
- Match 2: H. Goddess Pond field. Pick 12 Potato, 12 Eggplant, and 12 Corn in 3 minutes with Elliot
- Match 3: Mountain field. Team up with Shea to earn 190,000 points in 10 minutes
- Match 4: Forest field. Pick 30 Potato, 30 Tomato, and 30 Corn in 5 minutes with Mark and Sabrina
- Match 5: Town field. Survival battle against Elliot, Chelsea, and Natalie