Friend events, also called random events, are short cut scenes that you can trigger once you have reached a specific level of friendship with the events' leading actors. Each event will give you a small back story about the character and giving some possible context as to why the character does what he or she does. Each friend event can only be triggered one time per game, and only one friend event or love event will trigger on a single day. Friend events will also happen on your birthday and don't prevent birthday events from triggering.
To trigger a friend event you need to raise your friendship level with the event's person to a certain level or higher, typically more than 20,000 Friendship Points (FP). You can view a rough estimate of your current friendship levels with the villagers by going into your farm house bookshelf, selecting the Farm Summary top option, and then selecting the the Villager Data category on the bottom touch screen of your Nintendo 3DS. Each villager has a friendship limit marked as five hearts; a half-heart icon is worth 5000 FP, and a full-heart icon is 10,000 FP. At five hearts you'll be at the maximum 50,000 FP. Basically, to trigger friend events you'll need to be at 2.5 hearts of friendship or higher.
If you are going steady with a marriage candidate (i.e., boyfriend or girlfriend), that person will have 10 friendship hearts on the Villager Data page. Each heart for that person will be worth 10,000 points, with a maximum of 100,000 FP (10 hearts). Until you hand over a going-steady Pendant, your sweetie will only display five hearts.
Once you meet the friendship level requirement, walk into the event's location during the correct time of day to trigger the cut scene. Riding a horse from one area to the next will not trigger friend events. Entering a friend-event area while walking one of your pets will be fine for triggering events; the pet won't affect the event from occuring, but the horse will. Taking the intra-town travel taxi serivice also won't trigger friend events when you are dropped off.
Some friend events also have a weather condition that are specific to the area. Even it if happens to be raining on your farm, the other areas have their own weather pattern that may enable their local friend events to trigger.
Note: The names of the events have most likely changed in the English version. If you see a change feel free to send me a message with the title change. Thanks!
Also remember you can only see one event per day, whether friend, love, or furmiliar!
Marriage Candidate Friend Events
- Ford - The Dense Doctor, A Thin Line Between Genius and Stupidity
- Hinata - Hide and Seek, A Future to Aim For
- Iluka - The 3 Childhood Friends, Part 2, The Hardcore Persona
- Inari - Inari's Tea Party, A Life Without Magic
- Kasumi - The Teacher Who Can't Stand Men, Missing One Page...
- Komari - Komari the Cheerleader, Everybody Needs a Hobby
- Lisette - The Language of Flowers, Lisette the Romantic
- Ludus - The 3 Childhood Friends, Part 1, Ludus is Everyone's Big Brother
- Siluka - The 3 Childhood Friends, Part 3, The Day She Stopped Seeing Auras
- Stephanie - Cafe Time Reward
- Wayne - Unparalleled Handsomeness, Wayne's Weakness
- Woofio - Woofio's Wonderful Life
- Yuzuki - A Peaceful Break, Tidying Up
Villager Friend Events
- Brad - Brad's Knife
- Carrie - Tart of War
- Colin - The Mysterious Applique
- Dessie - Dessie's Confidence Bootcamp
- Frank - Frank's Romance
- Hector - Momma's Cookies
- Marco - Big Fishing!
- Megan - Fishy Advice
- Miranda - Miranda's Orchestra
- Noel - Noel's Romance Ranger Squad!
- Ginjiro - A Family Feud
- Ittetsu - Shopping with Ittetsu
- Moriya - Anger Management
- Omiyo - Everyone's Omiyo
- Shizu - Shizu and Omiyo
- Sumomo - Sumomo Repays Her Debts
- Tatsumi - Tatsumi's True Feelings
- Umekichi - A Suspicious Gathering?
- Yaichi - Yaichi's Favorite Thing
- Alma - Alma's Dish
- Haulani - Haulani's Martial Arts Lesson
- Caolila - Food Supply
- Lotus - Priceless Clumsiness
- Mithra - True Feelings
- Schalk - A Long Shadow
- Tigre - Things You Admire
- Tototara - The Rules of the Inn
- Witchie - The Magical Warriors (?) Promise
- Zahau - Zahau's Legendary Feats
Group Friend Events
These events were added by a post-release download patch in Japan. They will be added to the English version at a later date when the English DLC becomes available.