There are two types of requests in Harvest Moon: One World: those that you receive when talking to a person, and those that are mailed to your farmhouse.
- Talking Requests will being after you talk to a person and they mention they want to do something, but lack the resources to carry out their plan. These types of requests will come about after you solve the town problems and collect the sprite medallions. You won't typically know that the person has a series of tasks until you interact with the villager, as the game doesn't indicate whether someone is waiting for you to talk to them.
- Mailbox Delivery Requests are sent to your farm house mailbox. Each person in the game who can send these repeating request will send you one request and won't send another until after you complete their original task. Everyone has several rotating requests.
All the received requests will be listed in the To Do/Requests section of the Doc Pad. Requests that you haven't completed yet will be listed first, followed by mailbox tasks that are repeats; these are marked with a green checkmarks. Finished tasks will be listed last in the Doc Pad, which have gray checkmarks on them. While you can view the details of an in-progress task, completed tasks cannot be opened.
Press the Action button when the hand cursor is on a request title to see the task details. You'll see the name of the person, the item they are requesting, and the reward you will receive.
While the marriage candidates are always out and about somewhere in their towns, the other villagers are only available at certain times of the day. This makes it tricky to turn in items when you don't know when (or where) the requestee will be around.
If you need help locating the requestee, select the Confirm button at the bottom of the details page to have a red location marker noted on the mini-map when the request giver is available. The red marker does not appear on the larger World Map within the Doc Pad.
Brandon wants to start the local horse race after you help Calisson's problems.
- Hold the Equestrian Challenge: 10 Oak Lumber = Equestrian Challenge unlocked
Samantha has a series of tasks for you. Her requests reward you with items; they don't unlock anything in her shop inventories.
- Becoming the Best Merchant 1: 4 Watermelon = 4 Opal
- Becoming the Best Merchant 2: 4 Edelweiss = 4 Sapphire
- Becoming the Best Merchant 3: 4 Jack-o'-Lantern = 4 Diamond
Doc Jr has several tasks he'll assign to you as you play through the game. The Researching Sprinklers tasks appear after the main story has been completed.
- Make a Fertilizer Maker: 5 Bronze = A fertilizer maker will be added to the farm area
- Make a Kitchen: 3 Iron = A kitchen will be added inside your house
- Make a Workbench: 5 Bronze = A workbench will be added inside your house (Stone style furniture)
- Upgrade Your Workbench = 5 Titanium = Workbench upgrade
- Further Upgrade Your Workbench 5 Adamantite = Workbench upgrade (marraige bed and Chic style furniture)
- Great Ancestors' Challenge 1: 2 Silver = basic Sprinkler recipe
- Great Ancestors' Challenge 2: 2 Platinum = Large Animal Barn, Large Refrigerator, Large Drawer, Wooden Interior, Parquet Interior, Dark Wood Interior.
- Great Ancestors' Challenge 3: 2 Adamantite = Huge Animal Barn, Huge Refrigerator, Huge Drawer, Wood-like Interior, Stone Interior
- Make a Dresser: 4 Cedar Lumber = Unlocks the clothing dresser
- Researching Sprinklers 1: 4 Titanium = Level 2 Sprinkler recipe
- Researching Sprinklers 2: 4 Platinum = Level 3 Sprinkler recipe
- Researching Sprinklers 3: 4 Adamantite = Level 4 Sprinkler recipe
The road past Gabrielle's house has a broken bridge that you can repair after clearing Calisson's problems. A villager will then appear next to the broken bridge.
- Secret Road to the Plateau: 4 Ginkgo Lumber = A new route will be unlocked
Near the start of the game, the Animal Dealer ask you to help her restart her store. After completion, she'll open her shop so you can buy animals.
- Protecting Animals 1: 4 Potato = Opens the Calisson Animal Shop (Cow, Sheep, and Chicken)
The fisherman Makoa has an idea to make new types of bait. Makoa appears just to the south of the group of houses in the middle of the beach area at around 3:00 pm.
- Researching Large Fish Bait: 4 Tiger Prawn = Big Fish Bait recipe
- Researching Fishing Bait 1: 4 Mussel = Level 2 Fishing Bait recipe
- Researching Fishing Bait 2: 10 Large Clam = Level 3 Fishing Bait recipe
Being able to process ores and gemstones requires Raz the Mole Brother to teach you the recipes. He'll also teach you how to upgrade your tools after you obtain a workbench from Doc Jr. Raz is next to the entrance to the Halo Halo mine.
- Upgrade Your Farming Tools 1: 5 Bronze = Expert Farming Tools recipes
- Upgrade Your Harvesting Tools 1: 5 Silver = Expert Harvesting Tools recipes
- Upgrade Your Farming Tools 2: 5 Gold = Master Farming Tools recipes
- Upgrade Your Harvesting Tools 2: 5 Gold = Master Harvesting Tools recipes
- Upgrade Your Farming Tools 3: 5 Titanium = Legendary Farming Tools recipe
- Upgrade Your Harvesting Tools 3: 5 Titanium = Legendary Harvesting Tools recipes
- Refining Rare Gems: 10 Material Stone = Rare Ore Refining recipes
- Refining Ultra Rare Gems: 30 Material Stone = Ultra-rare Ore Refining recipes
Holokai at the Mahalo Cafe will have some new recipes after you solve Halo Halo's fish dilemma.
- Researching Local Cuisine 1: 4 Egg = Local Calisson recipes (Quiche, Araucana Egg Quiche, Silkie Egg Quiche, Pumpkin Quiche, Zucchini Quiche, Butternut Squash Quiche, Jack-o'-Lantern Quiche, Cream Pumpkin Quiche, Lava-o'-Lantern Quiche, and Mushroom Quiche)
- Researching Local Cuisine 2: 6 Tomato = Local Halo Halo recipes (Goby Carpaccio, Cod Carpaccio, Barracuda Carpaccio, Sea Bream Carpaccio, Black Porgy Carpaccio, Tuna Carpaccio, and Sardine Carpaccio)
- Researching Local Cuisine 3: 6 Onion = Local Pastilla recipes (Flower Salad, Flower Cake, Flower Gelato, and Jersey Milk Flower Gelato)
- Researching Local Cuisine 4: 4 Jersey Milk = Local Lebkuchen recipes (Cheese Fondue, Camembert Fondue, Blue Cheese Fondue, J. Cheese Fondue, Chocolate Fondue, Burgundy Fondue, and Soup Fondue)
- Researching Local Cuisine 5: 2 Truffle = Local Salmiakki recipes (Beet Salad, Water Beet Salad, Truffle Salad, Stargazy Pie, Truffles Meuniere, Truffles a la Grande Meuniere, Truffle Fried Egg, Truffle Soup, Borscht, Water Beet Borscht, Truffles au Gratin, and Truffle Fondue)
Talk to Ahina after clearing Halo Halo to start the task to revive the Lantern Festival.
- Revive the Lantern Festival: 10 Palm Lumber = Lantern Festival unlocked
Likewise, talk to Kanoa after clearing Halo Halo to learn about his fishing contest.
- Hold the Big Fish Faceoff: 10 Iron = Big Fish Faceoff unlocked
Talk to Jamil to start a quest line to unlock more animals at his mom's shop. After completing these tasks and completing the main story, return to Jamil to learn how to make upgraded animal feed.
- Protecting Animals 2: 6 Chickpea = New animals added to the animal shops (Goat, Calico Cat, Brown Tabby Cat, Golden-Eyed Black Cat, Blue-Eyed White Cat)
- Protecting Animals 3: 8 Barley = New animals added to the animal shops (Jersey Cow, Araucana Chicken, Odd-Eyed White Cat, Blue-Eyed Black Cat, White Calico Cat, White-Pawed Black Cat, Tuxedo Cat, Orange Tabby Cat)
- Protecting Animals 4: 4 Broccoli = New animals added to the animal shops (Reindeer, Siamese Cat, Russian Blue)
- Protecting Animals 5: 4 Pointy Cabbage = New animals added to the animal shops (Cashmere Goat, Silkie Chicken)
- Improving Animal Feed 1: 4 Fodder Corn = Level 2 Animal Feed recipe
- Improving Animal Feed 2: 10 Barley = Level 3 Animal Feed recipe
- Researching Animal Stress Reduction: 2 Sunset Corn = Gentle Feed recipe (Levels 1, 2, and 3)
- Researching Faster Animal Products: 2 Barracuda = Fast Harvesting Feed Recipe (Levels 1, 2, and 3)
So far, I've found no benefit to the Fast Harvest Feed. You can still only get one harvest per day from your livestock and poultry animals, and they still only produce 1 item.
Talk to Omar inside his house after you learn the fertilizer recipes from Salmiakki to learn about water-preserving fertilizer.
- Researching Water Retention Agents: 2 Sheep Wool = Retention Agent recipe
Talk to Tristan after restoring the fire to the town hearth and he'll tell you about starting a cooking contest. The Red Hot Cook-off will occur on Spring 15 and Fall 15 after completing this task.
- Hold the Red Hot Cook-off: 10 Maple Lumber = Red Hot Cook-off unlocked
Return to the Professor after clearing the game's story to start the process to unlock the annual Harvest Moon Festival.
- Revive the Harvest Moon Festival: 5 Strawberry Jam = Harvest Moon Festival unlocked
Talk to Eino in Salmiakki after restoring the Harvest Goddess and unlocking Doc Jr's dresser inside your farm house to start his Clothing Research tasks. These tasks will unlock new clothing outfit options in his store. The outfits are specific to the gender of the farmer you're playing as.
- A Cloak to Protect Against the Heat: 10 Cashmere = 1 Snow Cloak
- Clothing Research 1: 2 Sheep Wool = Orange and Yellow Outfit, Purple Outfit
- Clothing Research 2: 2 Valais Blacknose Sheep Wool = Lime Green Outfit, Checkerprint Outfit, Green Tartan Outfit
- Clothing Research 3: 2 Cashmere = Yellow Plaid Outfit, Scarlet Red Outfit, Black and Gold Outfit, Dark Purple Outfit
After clearing the game's story, return to Salmiakki and talk to Henri. He'll be standing outside the Professor's house along with another random villager. He'll want to research new types of fertilizers.
- Researching Fertilizer 1: 5 Broccoli = Level 2 Fertilizer recipe
- Researching Fertilizer 2: 10 Level 2 Fertilizer = Level 3 Fertilizer recipe
After you solve the curse of the island, talk to the Temperamental Man near the broken bridge that leads to the mountain area. He'll repair the bridge if you bring him the necessary goods.
- Reckless Road: 4 Ginkgo Lumber = A new route will be unlocked
Mailbox Delivery Requests
You can receive one mailbox request in the morning when you wake up. The request you receive is determined when you start the day. If you saved your game the night before going to bed, you can reload your save game to go back to bed and see if you get a different mailbox request in the morning.
Tasks sent to your mailbox can be from the main characters or specific villagers. Each has three types of requests they can send you. When you finish a task, the person can send you another one in the mail. The task you receive is random from the three available, so use the save/reload trick if you are trying to get a specific task reward.
The cooking recipes you learn from Holokai and Laura will be added to your cookbook the first time you complete their tasks. They'll still send you the same task that gives the same recipe reward, but you won't learn anything new for completing the task.
- 2 Sweet Potato = 10 Milk
- 4 Sunflower = 10 Ginkgo Lumber
- 2 Turnip = 5 Milk
- 2 Oak Lumber = 4 Ginkgo Lumber
- 2 Bronze = 5 Titanium Ore
- 2 White Eggplant = 10 Oak Lumber
- 3 Grass = 20 Level 2 Animal Feed
- 4 Glass = 3 Miracle Potion
- 2 Romaine Lettuce = 3 Animal Medicine
Sarah the thoughtful woman, who lives inside Elijah's house
- 5 Asparagus = 2 Paella
- 2 Ice Tomato = 20 Tomato Seeds
- 3 Corn = 10 Level 1 Fishing Bait
Jake the awkward man, by the bridge out of Calisson, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 2 Yellow Marguerite = 10 Ice Tomato Seeds
- 2 Marguerite = 10 Yellow Marguerite Seeds
- 2 Tilapia = 20 Tomato Seeds
- 2 Palm Lumber = 3 Coconut Sprout
- 2 Strawberry Milk = 3 Cacao Sprout
- 2 Tiger Prawns = 3 Coffee Sprout
Alani the exhilarated woman inside of the Mahalo Cafe
- 2 Coconut Milk = 10 Level 2 Regular Bait
- 2 Stone = 4 Crystal
- 2 Bronze = 20 Tomato Seeds
- 2 Cod = Ratatouille recipe
- 2 Dorado = Fruit Punch recipe
- 2 Tiger Prawns = Fish a la Meuniere recipe
- 2 Gazpacho = 4 Black Porgy
- 4 Level 1 Regular Bait = 4 Cod
- 2 Tomato Juice = 4 Red Seabream
Makoa the easily-excited man, on the south-end of the middle row of houses, 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- 2 Coffee Bean = 20 Level 2 Regular Bait
- 2 Cacao = 5 Tiger Prawn
- 2 Chocolate = 20 Level 2 Regular Bait
Farah the dignified lady, located north of Jamil's house from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- 2 Rock Daisy = 6 Crystal
- 3 Royal Herb = 5 Silver Ore
- 2 Red Roses = 5 Silver
- 2 Araucana Egg = 5 Valais Blacknose Sheep Wool
- 2 Sheep Wool = 2 Animal Medicine
- 2 Fodder Corn = 2 Animal Medicine
- 4 San Marzano = 10 Royal Herb Seeds
- 2 Queen of the Night = 10 Hollyhock Seeds
- 3 Magical Berries = 10 Rock Daisy Seeds
Omar the worried man, located in the house directly to the right of Saeed's house.
- 2 Silver = 4 Sapphire
- 3 Chickpea = 20 Level 1 Animal Feed
- 2 Edelweiss = 10 Squash Seeds
- 2 Ruby = 3 Olive Sprout
- 2 Emerald = 10 Egg
- 2 Crystal = 5 Araucana Egg
Dieter the cheerful old man, who stands next to the Sacred Furnace, 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- 3 Titanium Ore = 5 Platinum Ore
- 3 Gold Ore = 10 Kale Seeds
- 2 Gold = 20 Rock Daisy Seeds
- 2 Strawberry = 5 Coffee Bread
- 4 Truffle = 20 Barley Seeds
- 5 Barley = 5 Peach Sprouts
Heidi the good-natured woman, found between Franz' house and the town store, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- 4 Barley = 20 Chickpea Seeds
- 4 Rye = 5 Araucana Eggs
- 4 Violas = 4 Valais Blacknose Sheep Wool
- 3 Squash = No-bake Cheesecake recipe
- 2 Endive = Baguette recipe
- 2 Araucana Eggs = Cheese recipe
- 4 Rye = 5 Prominence Baguette
- 4 Romanesco = 5 Rye Bread
- 4 Endive = 10 Acorn Bread
Auri the worried woman, stands to the left-side of Eino's house, 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- 2 Clam = 20 Level 1 Big Fish Bait
- 3 Watercress = 10 Cheese Baguette
- 2 Jersey Milk = 3 J. Cheese Fondue
- 2 Opal = 10 Level 3 Fertilizer
- 2 Ruby = 10 Level 3 Fertilizer
- 2 Garnet = 10 Level 3 Fertilizer
- 2 Huchen = 3 Truffles au Gratin
- 2 Walleye = 4 Truffle Fondue
- 2 Rainbow Trout = 4 Truffle Soup
Teemu the quiet boy, between the research crop field and Salmiakki lake, 10:45 am to 5:15 pm
- 2 Lentil = 5 Washed-Rind Cheese
- 2 Cedar Lumber = 10 Jersey Milk
- 2 White Roses = 10 Level 2 Bait
- 5 Beet = 10 Sheep Wool
- 2 Valais Black Sheep Wool = 10 Valais Black Sheep Wool
- 5 Spinach = 10 Sheep Wool
Lord Kawachi, southwest corner of the castle ruins, 6:00 pm to 6:00 am
- 3 Water Lotus = 10 Angel Lantern Seeds
- 2 Queen of the Night = 10 Cotton Rosemallow Seeds
- 2 Peaches = 5 Lobster
The Strong Man, between the crossroads and the castle ruins, 1:00 am to 6:00 am
- 4 White Tulip = 10 Level 2 Regular Bait
- 2 Onion = 10 Endive Seeds
- 2 Pine Lumber = 10 Walnut Bread
Hikaru at the crossroads, 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- 3 Lotus = 5 Level 3 Animal Feed
- 4 Purple Asparagus = 10 Phalax Seeds
- 4 Cotton Rosemallows = 10 Level 3 Regular Bait
- 2 Lullaby = 10 Nirvana Seeds
- 2 Lotus = 8 Water Lotus Seeds
- 2 Angel Lantern = 10 Peach Pineapple Seeds
- 3 Lullaby = 5 Cod
- 2 Nirvana = 5 Red Seabream
- 4 Striped Hibiscus = 3 Black Porgy